|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Catholic Education Association
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Geography, Physics , Physics C, European History, Biology, Language & Composition, U.S. History, Calculus AB, Literature & Composition, Political Science, Calculus BC, Statistics, Chemistry, French, German, Spanish, Computer Science|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(dress pants, dress shoes, dress shirt, tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,200|
|Tuition Notes||$22,200 for Upper School $19,200 Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mr. Patrick Kane|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Bowling, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competition Team, Art Club, Boating Club, Chess Club, Christian Action Program, Computer Club, Dances, Digital Electronics Club, Drama Club, Mock Trial Team, Model UN, Music Society, National Honor Society, Pro-Life Club, Science Olympiad, Solar Car Team, Spanish National Honor Society, Squash Club, Student Council, Theater Program, bowling club, community service program, film club, newspaper, yearbook Art Club, Boating Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Dances, Drama Club, Model UN, Music Society, Pro-Life Club, Solar Car Team, Squash Club, bowling club, film club, newspaper, yearbook, Academic Competition Team,
Christian Action Program,
Digital Electronics Club,
Mock Trial Team,
National Honor Society,
Spanish National Honor Society,
community service program,
- Devon Prep provides young men with a Foundation for Success in college and life. Located on a picturesque, 20 acre campus in Chester County, Devon Prep enrolls nearly 300 students from Chester, Montgomery, Delaware and Bucks counties as well as parts of Philadelphia. Devon Prep's approach to education is based on the Piarist Fathers' 400 year tradition of educating youth. Fundamental to their philosophy is the development of beliefs that foster a love of God, a positive self image and respect for others. Devon Prep draws on more than 50 years of experience to mold each student's future with the latest technology and educational thinking. In a safe and supportive environment our students are motivated to excel academically, to think critically and creatively, to pursue careers in diverse fields and to enjoy extracurricular activities, both in school and in the community.
- Our experienced and dedicated teachers are committed to working with each student so he can realize his highest potential. With an average class size of fifteen, the faculty is able to provide individual attention to all students, a key ingredient to a quality education. Our students begin their college work early by taking many Advanced Placement courses offered in science, social studies, foreign languages, English and mathematics. Through Devon Prep's athletic and extracurricular programs our students develop loyalty, sportsmanship, perseverance and leadership. In addition, our commitment to community service and devotion to Christian values help to develop, not just students, but also well-rounded gentlemen. Devon Prep also offers a full program of extensive three to five day field trips, which take students to various parts of the U.S. including Florida, Massachusetts, Virginia, Connecticut, and New York. Students earn academic credit for the trips and are required to complete a corresponding written assignment.
- It is our goal at Devon Prep to inspire in our students a commitment to values that will enable them to become responsible leaders. Focusing on each student's potential, we believe that the school and the family must work together to foster a love of learning which will propel the student into a lifelong quest for excellence.
- Devon Prep's Class of 2015 collectively earned over $8.5 million in college scholarships. These 49 young men received more than 200 acceptances to over 80 colleges and universities, including Cornell, the University of Pennsylvania, Fordham, John Hopkins, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Drexel, Boston College and Penn State, Thirty-one members of the Class of 2015 had been named AP Scholars, 17 with Distinction. Eleven are National Merit Scholars, three are scholarship winners. Four of the graduates are Eagle Scouts and six will participate in Division I and Division III athletics. In addition, this class performed over 1500 hours of community service doing everything from collecting and distributing food to needy families to raising nearly $25,000 for St. Jude Children`s Research Hospital.
- Rev. Francisco Aisa, Sch.P. serves as Headmaster as well as a faculty member in Spanish and Religion. Mr. Mark Aquilante, a 1992 alumnus of Devon Prep, is Director of Academic Affairs and well as a faculty member. in the history department. Mr. Barry Brazunas is the Director of the Middle School.
- The school's campus is comprised of six buildings, two soccer fields and a baseball field. It is situated on part of the estate previously owned by Philadelphia Publisher, Dr. Charles M. Lea. Devon Prep's Middle School is housed in a mansion built by Mr. Lea in 1913. It has been renamed Calasanctius Hall and also provides living quarters for four Pairist Fathers as well as a location for various school ceremonies and functions throughout the year.
- Each year the school awards several scholarships for academic achievement. Admissions into both the high school and middle school includes testing, a review of recent transcripts and recommendations as well as personal interviews.
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MalvernGrades: 6-12 | 646 students
418 S. Warren Avenue
Malvern, PA 19355
HaverfordGrades: PK-12 | 981 students
450 Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
West ChesterGrades: PK-12 | 632 students
975 Westtown Road
West Chester, PA 19382
GlensideGrades: 9-12 | 1068 students
8605 Cheltenham Avenue
Glenside, PA 19038
MalvernGrades: 6-12 | 110 students
583 Sugartown Road
Malvern, PA 19355