Grades: NS-12 | 36 students
- At Diablo Valley School real life is the curriculum.
- Students at DVS learn Life's most valuable skills: self confidence, concentration, problem-solving, decision-making, academics, personal responsibility and respect for others.
- By making choices and learning to live with the consequences, students experience the challenges, responsibilities and freedoms of real life while in a caring and supportive environment.
- Staff at Diablo Valley School are successful, strong, knowledgeable and caring individuals who are dedicated to educating students to be independent, creative and capable adults.
- DVS is a school where play is serious work and serious projects are fun.
- Each person is responsible for deciding how to use their time all day, every day.
- Students are free to concentrate on what they choose for as long as they desire.
- All types of activities are equally valued.
- Activities vary with the natural flow of the curiosity that inspires them.
- DVS is a community where individual creativity and self-expression are encouraged and appreciated.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 276 students
4725 Evora Road
Concord, CA 94520
ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 144 students
4977 Concord Blvd
Concord, CA 94521
Pleasant HillGrades: K-12 | 148 students
796 Grayson Rd
Pleasant Hill, CA 94573
San RamonGrades: PK-8 | 400 students
One Annabel Lane
San Ramon, CA 94583
ConcordGrades: PK-K | 20 students
1850 Second Street
Concord, CA 94519
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.