Grades: 9-12 | 820 students
Divine Child High School is a Catholic high school centered in Gospel values and Christian tradition.
Divine Child is the largest Catholic, co-ed high school in Michigan with over 800 students in grades 9 - 12.
We are dedicated to excellenece spiritually, academically, athletically, socially and creatively.
We are dedicated to developing youth who pursue lives of responsibility, leadership and faith in action.
Our students live in 47 different zip codes throughout the Detroit metropolitan area, and attend 45 different Catholic parishes in addition to the Church of the Divine Child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Three learning strategists are on staff to assist students with mild to moderate learning disabilities.|
|Total Students||820 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Latin, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Seminar, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government/Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History,|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,700|
|Tuition Notes||Out of parish rate is $8100. Academic scholarships and need-based financial grants are available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Matthew Saxer|
|Admissions Associate||Jude Ripley|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Figure Skating,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Quiz Bowl, Anime Club, Art Club, Bowling Club, Business Professionals of America, Chorus, Culinary Arts Club, Divine Child Television (DCTV), Electronics Club, Fall Drama Production, Forensics Team, Games Club, German Club, Guitar Club, In Stitches (Sewing Club), Interact Club (Rotary), Jazz Band, Latin & Greek Club, Link Crew, Literary Magazine (Attic SALT), Medical Club, National Honor Society, Online Journalism, Pet Therapy Club, Ping Pong Club, Pro-Life Club, Programming Club, Spanish Club, Spring Drama Production, Student Council, Technology/Robotics Club, Varsity Club, Video Games Club, Yearbook Anime Club, Art Club, Bowling Club, Chorus, Forensics Team, Games Club, German Club, Guitar Club, Jazz Band, Link Crew, Medical Club, Ping Pong Club, Pro-Life Club, Spanish Club, Varsity Club, Yearbook, Academic Quiz Bowl,
Business Professionals of America,
Culinary Arts Club,
Divine Child Television (DCTV),
Fall Drama Production,
In Stitches (Sewing Club),
Interact Club (Rotary),
Latin & Greek Club,
Literary Magazine (Attic SALT),
National Honor Society,
Pet Therapy Club,
Spring Drama Production,
Video Games Club,
- Divine Child High School is a Catholic high school centered in Gospel values and Christian tradition. We are the largest, Catholic, co-ed high school in Michigan with over 800 students enrolled from 47 different zip codes and 45 different parishes.
- Spiritually, our students have religion classes daily, visit our Eucharistic Adoration Chapel weekly, and attend liturgies twice a month. All students complete ten service hours each year with numerous service opportunities available throughout the school year and the summer. Students are required to attend one retreat each year.
- Academically, we offer academic courses for excellent, above average and average students. We offer honors classes starting freshman year, and Advanced Placement Courses for college credit starting sophomore year. Over the past five years, 84% of our students who took the Advanced Placement exams earned a score of 3, 4 or 5 giving them college credit, far above the national average of 61%. In addition, we have three instructional support specialists who assist students with mild to moderate learning disabilities and/or ADHD.
- Athletically, we offer 54 teams in 26 sports, and we have enjoyed athletic success on many levels. Over our history, we have earned 96 Catholic League championships and 37 state championships. With so many teams for a school of our size, most students who want to play a sport can make the team. We will soon begin construction on a new stadium which will include an all-weather turf field, eight-lane all weather track, seating for 2000 fans, new locker rooms and a concession stand.
- Socially, our student can participate in over 30 clubs and activities. Whether a student is interested in areas such culinary arts, robotics, student council or pet therapy, we have clubs and activities for many interests. New clubs are added each year depending upon student interest.
- Creatively, we offer over twenty diifferent fine arts courses each year, and we have one of the most extensive fine arts programs in the state. Almost 100 students participate in our band program which has pefromed in Chicago, New York City and Walt Disney World. Our drama program offers a fall play and a spring musical, and our performnaces draw rave reviews and play to packed audiences in our newly updated auditorium. Finally, our art program offers general art classes along with more specialized courses such as ceramics, digital photography, painting, printmaking, woodworking and art history.
- Falcon For A Day shadow visits are available between mid-September and the end of April. We host Open Houses in early November and late January... please visit our website at www.divinechildhighschool.org for specific dates and times. Our application process is detailed on our website, and our school videos are located there as well. Feel free to email or call us, and you will soon see why we are dedicated to exellenece... spiritually, academically, athletically, socially and creatively.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DearbornGrades: K-8 | 558 students
25001 Herbert Weier Dr
Dearborn, MI 48128
DearbornGrades: NS-8 | 222 students
24544 Cherry Hill St
Dearborn, MI 48124
Dearborn HeightsGrades: NS-7 | 20 students
25535 Ford Road
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
Dearborn HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 293 students
466 N John Daly Rd
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
Dearborn HeightsGrades: NS-8
6466 N Evangeline St
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.