Grades: K-12 | 52 students
- ABOUT US Founded in 1988, Excelsior Academy is a non-profit school dedicated to serving K-12 students with learning disabilities throughout San Diego County.
- Our Mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment wherein students become literate, thinking, independent and productive citizens.
- Excelsior Academy has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, National School of Character and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Autism, Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Katie Wilson|
|Admissions Associate||Jeannie Bailey|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Aquaponics/Gardening Club, Art Club, Basketball, Board Game Club, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Relaxation Club, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Yearbook Club, Yoga Art Club, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Yearbook Club, Yoga, Aquaponics/Gardening Club,
Board Game Club,
- As a private, nonpublic school, Excelsior serves students with learning differences in the San Diego area. Founded in 1988 and certified by the State of California, the Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Excelsior students are of average and above average intelligence in grades kindergarten through twelve whose needs fall within the areas of processing, memory, language, organization, attention, and socialization. The majority of Excelsior students have the potential to attend college. Consequently, the goals of the school are to guide students to understand their learning styles and learning differences and to achieve academic success, thereby realizing their potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San DiegoGrades: 2-12 | 141 students
2255 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
San DiegoGrades: 2-8 | 10 students
3555 Kenyon St #101
San Diego, CA 92110
San DiegoGrades: PK-6 | 416 students
2640 Soderblom Avenue
San Diego, CA 92122
12285 Oak Knoll Rd
Poway, CA 92064
La MesaGrades: K-8 | 30 students
9191 Fletcher Pkwy
La Mesa, CA 91942
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.