Grades: PK-8 | 196 students
- At the Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School, education is the beginning of a lifetime voyage of discovery.
- Mr. Sagrin at Blackboard.
- We are committed to offering our students a rigorous classical education in preparation for the most demanding high schools and colleges.
- Meeting students at each stage of their development, our curriculum fully integrates the fine and practical arts with the sciences, mathematics, literature, and the study of our cultural heritage – from its foundations in myth and legend to the study of modern history.
- The Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School strives to lead children to a balanced development of clear and precise thinking, a rich and healthy emotional life, and a developed power of will.
- This will allow children to worthily apply their thoughts, feelings and actions to practical challenges in the world.
- To achieve this goal each teacher works artistically with a curriculum that integrates the arts, humanities and sciences in a manner compatible with human developmental stages as explained by Rudolf Steiner.
- An understanding of these developmental requirements helps teachers form lessons that enliven students' imaginations and enhance their ability to establish moral relationships to the world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Great BarringtonGrades: 10-12 | 17 students
389 Main St
Great Barrington, MA 01230
HousatonicGrades: UG | 20 students
249 N Plain Rd
Housatonic, MA 01236
SheffieldGrades: 9-12 | 394 students
245 North Undermountain Road
Sheffield, MA 01257
GhentGrades: PK-12 | 240 students
330 County Route 21c
Ghent, NY 12075
LeeGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
115 Orchard St
Lee, MA 01238
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.