Grades: PK-8 | 196 students
- At the Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School, education is the beginning of a lifetime voyage of discovery.
- Mr. Sagrin at Blackboard.
- We are committed to offering our students a rigorous classical education in preparation for the most demanding high schools and colleges.
- Meeting students at each stage of their development, our curriculum fully integrates the fine and practical arts with the sciences, mathematics, literature, and the study of our cultural heritage – from its foundations in myth and legend to the study of modern history.
- The Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School strives to lead children to a balanced development of clear and precise thinking, a rich and healthy emotional life, and a developed power of will.
- This will allow children to worthily apply their thoughts, feelings and actions to practical challenges in the world.
- To achieve this goal each teacher works artistically with a curriculum that integrates the arts, humanities and sciences in a manner compatible with human developmental stages as explained by Rudolf Steiner.
- An understanding of these developmental requirements helps teachers form lessons that enliven students' imaginations and enhance their ability to establish moral relationships to the world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Great BarringtonGrades: 10-12 | 17 students
389 Main St
Great Barrington, MA 01230
HousatonicGrades: UG | 20 students
249 N Plain Rd
Housatonic, MA 01236
SheffieldGrades: 9-12 | 394 students
245 North Undermountain Road
Sheffield, MA 01257
GhentGrades: PK-12 | 240 students
330 County Route 21c
Ghent, NY 12075
LeeGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
115 Orchard St
Lee, MA 01238
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.