- Hampshire Country School is a small, boarding school for about 20 boys of elementary and middle-school age.
- It is especially suitable for boys of high intellectual ability who have had serious difficulty meeting behavior expectations in large, socially complex schools, including boys with ADHD, NVLD, and Asperger's.
- Traditional elementary and secondary courses are taught in classes of about 4 students.
- Recreation-level sports and activities are designed for fun and learning.
- The rustic 1700 acre campus includes forests, lakes, streams, and a small farm.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Difficulties related to superior ability, NVLD, ADHD, Asperger|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Collared shirts for classes. Jackets and ties for formal occasions.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$57,500|
|Tuition Notes||All-inclusive tuition includes room, board, most activities, laundry, and most school supplies.The school does not offer financial aid.|
|Admissions Director||William Dickerman|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational sports and outdoor games, board games, strategy games, and role playing games, canoeing, care of farm animals, climbing wall, hiking, music lessons (piano, brass, singing), skiing canoeing, climbing wall, hiking, skiing, Recreational sports and outdoor games,
board games, strategy games, and role playing games,
care of farm animals,
music lessons (piano, brass, singing),
- Can be a good choice for certain high ability boys with Asperger's syndrome, nonverbal learning disabilities, executive function difficulties, or ADHD.
- Best entering ages: 8- to 11-years-old
- Typical class size: 3 to 6 students Typical dorm-group size: 5 to 8 students
- All students are boarding students. Most faculty live on campus.
- Students come from all regions of the U.S.A., plus American students living abroad.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HillsboroughGrades: 6-12 | 43 students
11 Bobcat Blvd
Hillsborough, NH 03244
FitchburgGrades: 9-12 | 285 students
45 Harvard St
Fitchburg, MA 01420