Grades: K-12 | 144 students
Heritage Christian School is one of Georgia's oldest and most respected Christian schools.
Founded in 1965, Heritage has maintained a balance between a high view of God, godly character, and academic excellence.
Whether you choose Heritage Christian because of our tradition,experience, character, or excellence, you can be confident that you made the right choice for your family.
We invite you to come and be a part of our great tradition as we build a heritage, one student at a time.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Average SAT score||1650|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band 1, Band 2, Elementary Music Introduction, Jazz Band, Pep Band, Upper School Art 1, Upper School Art 2 Elementary Art Band 1, Band 2, Elementary Music Introduction, Jazz Band, Pep Band,
Upper School Art 1, Upper School Art 2 Elementary Art,
- Heritage Christian School has been challenging and training children and young people to be all God wants them to be for more than 40 years. A biblical worldview is at the foundation of everything we do academically, athletically, and socially. Our mission is to glorify God through the discipleship of students and the pursuit of excellence in education with the Bible as the foundation and Christ as our focus. Families and students are challenged to grow spiritually through their involvement in a sound Bible-believing church, daily Bible instruction, weekly school chapel services, and active participation in reaching out to others through various outreach opportunities. Our school is dedicated to seeing students 'becoming' and 'being' disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Non-denominational Christian School- Grades K-12
- Accredited by the GAC ( Georgia Accrediting Commission) - Member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International)
- College Prep Curriculum
- Saxon math, A Beka Book, Bob Jones Press texts
- Full Sports Program- Member of I.C.S.G.A. conference
- Located on 40 acres in Sharpsburg, Georgia- Coweta County, across the street from Thomas Crossroads Elementary
- Extracurricular- Yearbook, drama, elementary band, high school band, string program, private music lessons, computer, elementary art, high school art, pottery, honor clubs, academic competitions
- Sports- Elementary intramural sports; High School sports include baseball, softball, golf, tackle football, basketball, volleyball, and cheerleading
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SharpsburgGrades: PK-12 | 1227 students
8817 Hwy 54 West
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
FairburnGrades: PK-12 | 804 students
50 SE Broad Street
Fairburn, GA 30213
NewnanGrades: PK-12 | 436 students
2093 Highway 29 N
Newnan, GA 30263
SenoiaGrades: UG | 18 students
6675 E Highway 16
Senoia, GA 30276
Zaleski, OH 45698
Heritage Christian is a great place to go to school! The teachers really help out a lot! I was going to a school with 29 kids in my class. I could not focus at all. My grades were all failing. So my mother tried out Heritage Christian School! I am an A honor roll student. I have had a great experience at Heritage Christian School! I am one truly blessed child! my Little sister can no wait to start Heritage Christian! She will be going in the 6th grade. I love my school! I will recommend it to anyone who asks! Heritage Christian is truly a God send! It is truly a school full of amazing students! That are blessed beyond measure! We all students LOVE Heritage Christian! We love the sports and activates Heritage Christen offers! People call schools just a school Heritage Christian is not just a school it is one big happy FAMILY!!!! That's what us students love most! WE ARE A BIB LOVING FAMILY!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - katie
Since my daughter started HCS in the 8th grade she has excelled in math along with other subjects. This is her senior year and has been accepted at 3 colleges. God is doing amazing things with this school!
- Posted by Parent - kah77
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.