Grades: PK-12 | 127 students
- International Christian School is a distinctively Christian, private school that offers high academic and spiritual standards to its students.
- It is an extended ministry of the International Baptist Church.
- This school believes that time and talent are trusts from God and is concerned with the spiritual as well as the intellectual growth of the students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Average SAT score||1540|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Details upon request)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 15 / Jul. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts are available for multiple children...details upon request.|
|Admissions Director||Melinda Cazis|
|Admissions Associate||Liggia DeLeon|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Ensemble, Film Club, Travel Club Art Club, Ensemble, Film Club, Travel Club,|
- International Christian School is dedicated to assisting parents in their God-given responsibility of educating their children by providing a high-quality spiritual and academic program while encouraging children to live Christ-centered lives. It is the mission of International Christian School to help each child reach his full potential before God and to become a contributing citizen of the society in which he is to dwell.
- The primary objective and purpose of International Christian School is to train the student in the knowledge of God and the Christian way of life while giving the student an excellent education. The teachers of International Christian School realize their solemn responsibility before God in molding the life and character of each of their students in order to give a good foundation for each child's future. Christian education is education that is Christ centered, pupil related, and socially applied with a Biblical foundation. The finest education is virtually worthless unless the child develops the self-discipline and determination that are essential if he is to succeed in life. International Christian School is built on the premise that God's Holy Word, the Bible, when applied to a child's life, will provide him with the time-tested principles that will enable him to set proper goals and give him the strength to meet them. International Christian School consistently reinforces the parents' authority in the home, as well as a sense of duty to God and country.
Profile last updated: 10/30/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 272 students
1100 E 42nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11210
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 860 students
375 Pearl St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 148 students
8515 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
Howard BeachGrades: PK-8 | 156 students
8309 157th Ave
Howard Beach, NY 11414
833 Marcy Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11216
I don't know how many times I have recommended International Christian School to friends and acquaintances. My son just graduated from that school and it has imparted to him the required education, but most of all it taught him how to fear and love the LORD more and more. I distinctly remember during his initial interview with the Vice Principal, he was told "you are not here to make friends, but to learn". He did gain friends through the years but putting his studies first was instilled in his mind early on, something I appreciate. I am most thankful and grateful to the Principal, the faculty, and staff of ICS. For any parent who has qualms about where to send their kids to, ICS is for you!
- Posted by Parent - aedr9
Our family has been thankful for International Christian School. A small school feel where everyone gets to know each other in our bustling city, and teachers who care for their students. I appreciate the education my children are receiving at ICS, in their academics as well as their respect and loyalty for God, country and others. Please consider ICS for your child!
- Posted by Parent - jessi
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.