Grades: K-6 | 335 students
- The John Thomas Dye School, an independent school, provides for its students a program of academic excellence, one both traditional and dynamic, with a commitment to family and community.
- The school encourages its students to reach their highest individual potential intellectually, artistically and physically; it nurtures their emotional, moral and social development; and it prepares them to meet the challenges of a diverse and competitive world.
- We, of the John Thomas Dye School believe the education of a child is the responsibility of the parents, the child, and the faculty of the School.
- Each of these three influences is an integral part of a successful educational experience for the child.
- This basic philosophy has enabled the school to develop an atmosphere that stresses the right of each individual to be different and unique while developing confidence, mutual respect, and a degree of cooperation, allowing the student to strive for higher academic achievement, to develop an understanding of the right of others, and to grow in self-esteem.
- Our goal is to have each student grow socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically, thus enabling each to be a creative, productive, and responsible contributor to society, more specifically, to foster in each child a genuine self-esteem built upon the acquisition of the ability to use appropriate cognitive and social skills commensurate with the child's maximum potential for achievement.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||335 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 19|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,390|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,000|
|Admissions Director||Judy Hirsch|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- First date to submit application is 9/19/16 for the 2017-2018 school year.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.