|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||775 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(khaki pants & collared shirt, with the exception of chapel days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Becky Rodgers|
|Admissions Associate||Randi Allen|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Educational travel, Legacy Service Organization, Marching Band, Medical Club, Musicals, National Honor Society, Robotics Team, Student Government, Summer Missions Drama, Marching Band, Medical Club, Musicals, Robotics Team, Educational travel,
Legacy Service Organization,
National Honor Society,
- LEGACY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY Transforming Minds and Shaping Hearts.
- COLLEGE PREPARATORY ACADEMICS Six State-of-the-Art Science labs for Kindergarten - 12th grade totaling over 6000 square feet., National Merit finalists, AP and dual-enrollment college courses, 2013 graduates were awarded over $2.6 million in scholarships, 69% of seniors met or exceeded ACT benchmarks, Distinguished Academics Diploma awarded to those with 3.5 GPA or higher, 100% of graduates are accepted to colleges, universities, music conservatories, and service academies across the country.
- FIRST-RATE ATHLETICS Nine varsity athletic teams, nine junior high athletic teams, competed in 13 state championships in 15 years, turf football field, track, lighted baseball and softball fields, newly expanded weight room, 2 gymnasiums, many athletes go on to compete collegiately.
- AWARD-WINNING ART PROGRAMS Current back-to-back Marching Band State Champions, TPSMEA & TMEA All-State band & choir students, annual drama and musical productions, 3 AP art programs, Distinguished Fine Arts Diploma awarded to students participating all four years of Upper School.
- TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION 1:1 Upper School MacBook program, 2 computer labs, 2 portable MacBook Pro carts, 3 iPad carts for Intermediate School, 6 iPads in every Lower School & Early Ed classroom, flipped classroom experience available in Intermediate School.
- SUMMARY Legacy Christian Academy’s philosophy is about Being Christ-centered without apology, Promoting academic excellence without excuse, Loving our students without exception. . . . But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MckinneyGrades: PK-12 | 576 students
3601 Bois D'Arc Road
Mckinney, TX 75071
PlanoGrades: PK-12 | 1444 students
6801 W. Park Blvd
Plano, TX 75093
ArgyleGrades: NS-12 | 1266 students
1301 S. Highway 377
Argyle, TX 76226
PlanoGrades: PK-12 | 88 students
3300 W Parker Road
Plano, TX 75075
AddisonGrades: PK-12 | 1509 students
17001 Addison Rd
Addison, TX 75001
We have been at LCA for six years and the school has well exceeded our expectations. My children have been challenged academically and have grown so much in their spiritual walk. The teachers and staff are truly what make the difference at LCA. Knowing that my children are loved on and cared about is such a wonderful blessing. LCA has truly become family to us.
- Posted by Parent - steph
Legacy Christian Academy has surpassed our expectations over the last few years both academically and spiritually. The Transitional Kindergarten class has been just amazing for my son, where he has already learned far more in the past few weeks, than in his past years in other preschools. The elementary school has also been very challenging and a wonderful place to grow our Christian faith as a family.
- Posted by Parent - athom
The academics and Biblical foundation of LCA are what sets the school apart above others. Teachers, administrators and coaches not only prepare the students for higher level learning at top universities, but also support them in their faith walk in and out of each classroom. We have been at LCA since 1999 and could not be happier with our choice for our (now) college student, as well as our two remaining children who are still students at Legacy.
- Posted by Parent - tgayl