Grades: K-6 | 167 students
Head of School, Ilene Reinfeld, welcomes parents and students to the fabulous Open House and Art Show.
Students are excited to share their work with parents and special friends at the annual Open House and Art Show.
Lego Robotics classes give Los Encinos School students hands-on experiences with engineering, electronics, and computer programming.
Los Encinos School is located in the heart of Encino CA, off Ventura Blvd. Since 1980, this gem of a school has proven that a small, independent elementary school can make a large impact.
Children in Grades K through 6 are encouraged to approach the rigorous academic program with confidence, independence and pleasure in learning.
With two teachers and a floating assistant devoted to each class, as well as differentiated instruction, Los Encinos School accommodates a variety of learning styles in a supportive atmosphere where individual progress is greatly valued.
The rich humanities curriculum reinforces the values of diversity and mutual respect. Moral values, character education, and service learning are integral to the school's goal of placing the traits of goodness and greatness on equal footing.
Parental commitment is the foundation of the Los Encinos School community and the school welcomes and encourages parents to become involved in their child's educational experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,850|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Jill Lasker|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
- Los Encinos School is an independent, nonprofit, and nonsectarian elementary school, small enough to give children the individualized attention they need to make a huge impact on the world. "Think Big, Start Small" is more than a pithy motto, it's the embodiment of the entire school's focus. The teachers and administrators provide a warm, caring environment where children in Grades K through 6 are encouraged to tackle the rigorous academics with confidence, independence, and enjoyment in learning.
- By design, the academic program is flexible enough to accommodate a variety of learning styles in a supportive atmosphere where individual progress is greatly valued. Los Encinos School respects differences among children and has a high regard for effort. They believe personal success is a child's best motivator, exemplified by the school's committment to each student.
- The school's ultimate goal is to prepare students with a strong foundation of skills. Teachers, serving as facilitators for learning, provide a variety of opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem-solving strategies. Teamwork and cooperation are integrated throughout the program. This approach emphasizes the importance of intellectual and experiential pursuits, explored both independently and cooperatively.
- In addition, the rich humanities curriculum reinforces the values of diversity and mutual respect. Los Encinos School teaches moral values, character education, and opportunities for community service learning at every level, preparing the students to be effective and respected leaders.
- As a small school, their reach extends not only to the child, but also to the family. Parental commitment is the foundation of the Los Encinos School community and they welcome and encourage parents to become involved in their child's educational experience.
- Think BIG, Start SMALL.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Van NuysGrades: K-6 | 140 students
14702 Sylvan Street
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 650 students
3131 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Van NuysGrades: K-6 | 335 students
13639 Victory Boulevard
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Los AngelesGrades: K-6 | 130 students
16200 Mulholland Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90049