Grades: 9-12 | 57 students
- Martin Luther High School, empowered by the Gospel of Jesus Christ in partnership with family and congregations, provides Christ-centered training and nurturing to help young people excel academically and lead active Christian lives. The Vision of Martin Luther High School is to be an exemplary Lutheran Eduational ministry. All full or part-time students in grades 9-12 are welcome.
- While MLHS students are primarily LCMS Lutheran Christian, students of all faiths are welcome to attend.
- All students are required to take four years of Religious instruction and attend daily chapels and/or Bible Studies.
- Martin Luther High School students` successes in the classroom are evident through scores on the ACT assessment test.
- The ACT is a national college admission exam that tests students in English, mathematics, reading and science.
- For the past several years, MLHS students' ACT scores have consistently been 3 to 5 points higher than state and national averages.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||PSEO English Composition, PSEO English Lit, PSEO Physics, PSEO Speech,|
|Average ACT score||24|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||30% of families receive tuition assistance|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Adventure, Drama Club Love in Action, Drama Productions, National Honor Society (NHS), Newspaper Staff, Spirit Club, Student Council, Yearbook Staff Art Adventure, Spirit Club, Yearbook Staff, Drama Club Love in Action,
National Honor Society (NHS),
- The pursuit of excellence is at the fore-front of all that we do at Martin Luther High School. Students are well-prepared to step into the role of Christian adult leaders. Nearly one hundred percent of MLHS graduates attend post-secondary educational institutions. In addition to a full offering of high school courses, MLHS offers several PSEO and Advance Placement courses. Foreign languages include Spanish I, II, III. Electives offered are: Accounting, Ag, Art, Band, Choir, Music Theory, Broadcast Communications and Work Experience. Martin Luther High Schools offers a variety of extra-curricular activities which include several boys and girls sports, fine arts, music, journalism and student government.The student/teacher ratio of 7/1 facilitates student success and encourages student achievements.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorthropGrades: PK-8 | 60 students
Po Box 315
Northrop, MN 56075
FairmontGrades: PK-8 | 189 students
201 Oxford Street
Fairmont, MN 56031
FairmontGrades: PK-6 | 134 students
911 S Prairie Ave
Fairmont, MN 56031
TrumanGrades: PK-8 | 53 students
114 E 4th St N
Truman, MN 56088
Vernon CenterGrades: K-8 | 26 students
49894 132nd Street
Vernon Center, MN 56090
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.