- Matignon High School is an independent,co-educational, college preparatory Catholic high school founded in 1945.
- As such we are committed to teaching and promoting Catholic morality and principles, academic excellence, respect for oneself and others, and service to the community.
- Ninety-seven percent of our graduates continue to further their education in college.
- More than 25% of our student body is non-Catholic.
- Matignon is proud to serve a small, yet vibrant international community of students representing several countries.
- We draw students from 30 cities and towns in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Average SAT score||1030|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Melissa J. Foley|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Captains Council, Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, Green and Gold, Yearbook, History Club, International Club, Latin and Greek Club, Library/Media Club, Literary Magazine, Math Club, SADD, Science Club, Step Sqaud, Student Council, The Apostles, Choral Group, The Matignon Mirror, School Newspaper, Writers Showcase, Literary Magazine Art Club, Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, History Club, Math Club, SADD, Science Club, Step Sqaud, Captains Council,
Green and Gold, Yearbook,
Latin and Greek Club,
The Apostles, Choral Group,
The Matignon Mirror, School Newspaper,
Writers Showcase, Literary Magazine,
- Founded in 1945 by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston
- Incorporated as an Independent School in 2004
- Small inclusive community of 380 students
- 97% of our graduates advance to college
- SAT scores consistently rank above the national average
- Reputation as an academic leader among Catholic schools in the Greater Boston area
- Solid and inclusive athletic program with long history of indivdual athlete accomplishments and championship teams
- Easy access by car, MBTA, Commuter Rail
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 1018 students
80 Gerrys Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
EverettGrades: 9-12 | 280 students
Everett, MA 02149
MedfordGrades: PK-12 | 266 students
579 Boston Ave
Medford, MA 02155
ReadingGrades: 6-12 | 740 students
101 Willow St.
Reading, MA 01867
WakefieldGrades: 9-12 | 198 students
14 Winship Drive
Wakefield, MA 01880
I can't say enough about Matignon High School. My children (twins) had a hard time in a public middle school and after looking at different private schools for high school they both picked Matignon. They said is was an easy decision because when they shadowed there "it was like we had been going there already. People treated us like we were students there and everyone was friendly." They were behind a bit when they started but the teachers have been great getting them caught up to where they need to be! They are now sophomores and are doing very well. They love their school and are proud to go there. I can't speak highly enough about the faculty, the Principal and Vice Principal. As Christians is was important we found a school who shares our values and beliefs... I did not want God shut out when the school doors closed! I consider myself lucky to have found this school! To see my kids happy and doing well means the world to me and my husband
- Posted by Parent - jennd
Matignon is my second family. I received a lot of support from Matignon faculty and staffs.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - phuon