Grades: 6-12 | 740 students
- Austin Prep is a Catholic Independent school in the Augustinian tradition, founded in 1961 by the Augustinians.
- Austin Prep serves the academic, social and spiritual needs of young men and women in grades 6 through 12.
- While admissions is selective, Austin is a welcoming community of learners, with dedicated faculty and a strong leadership team committed to making the overall experience of students a positive and enriching one.
- Students will participate in an integrated arts and music program throughout middle school and 9th grade years, with music and art electives offered to both middle and upper school students.
- Our athletic program is competitive and inclusive providing an opportunity for student athletes to not only participate in the sports they love, but to experience the thrill of victory competing in the highly regarded Catholic Central League in MIAA Division 1 and 3 depending on the sport.
- Students looking to enrich their academic experience will have opportunities to join the varied language programs, including honor societies in Latin, Spanish and French, as well as the traditional Jr National and National Honor Society.
- Contact Austin Prep for information on Open House, Interview opportunities and to visit our campus. Contact Beth Flynn, Director of Enrollment for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||740 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform, khahki pants, golf/polo shirts for boys and girls, plaid or khaki skirts for girls.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 21 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2016-17. Rate set in February.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Flynn|
|Admissions Associate||Meg Shannon|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Ballet,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathalon, Acoustic Music Jam, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Chess Club, Chorus, Culinary Club, Dance Club, Dance Team, Equestrian, Math Team, Model UN, New England Club, Photography Club, Ping Pong Club, Robotics Program, Rock Climbing Club, Sign Language Club, Ski/Snowboarding Club, Ultimate Frisbee, Yoga Club, weightlifting Art Club, Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Chorus, Culinary Club, Dance Club, Dance Team, Equestrian, Math Team, Model UN, Ping Pong Club, Yoga Club, weightlifting, Academic Decathalon,
Acoustic Music Jam,
Big Brothers/Big Sisters,
New England Club,
Rock Climbing Club,
Sign Language Club,
- Austin is an independent Catholic day school that has grown out of the Augustinian tradition; as such we continue to strive to the ideal of "One mind, one heart intent on serving God." Austin Prep encourages applications from students who have a desire to be part of a learning community, students who take their education seriously, and as such intend on attending college and becoming contributing members of our society. We encourage students to push themselves academically, socially, atheltically and artistically. We encourage academic exploration and seek students with an intellectual curiosity. Please visit our website for additional information. Because our program covers seven years, grades 6 through 12, we have the ability to offer wide-ranging opportunities for academic, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth at critical stages of a student's adolescent development. Our students interact with adults in our community throughout each day both in and out of the classroom. At Austin, we challenge and encourage our students in all aspects of their day-to-day lives. We encourage our students to explore new things, to make new discoveries and to learn from their successes as well as from their failures. Friendships are made quickly and often last well beyond the students' years at Austin. If you are seeking a safe and caring environment for your son or daughter that provides an exceptional academic program, Austin may be the right choice for you.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AndoverGrades: 9-12 | 1138 students
180 Main Street
Andover, MA 01810
DanversGrades: 6-12 | 1500 students
72 Spring Street
Danvers, MA 01923
North AndoverGrades: 9-12 | 381 students
1160 Great Pond Road
North Andover, MA 01845
CambridgeGrades: 9-12 | 440 students
1 Matignon Rd
Cambridge, MA 02140
South HamiltonGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
537 Highland St
South Hamilton, MA 01982
My daughter received an excellent education. However, because most students are financially well off, the guidance counselors are terrible about recommending students for scholarships. My daughter graduated with a 4.1 GPA, was AP Scholar, but received no scholarships of ANY kind. I found out later that there were several scholarships that she qualified for that can only be obtained through school guidance counselors. An extremely poor job by them in my daughter's case
- Posted by Parent - mcg24
The teachers are Austin Prep's greatest resource. They are genuinely interested in educating the whole person and in developing lifelong learners and engaged citizens. Two of our children, who have very different strengths and weaknesses, have matriculated at Austin and both have thrived in all facets of their high school experiences. The fact that Austin is a coed, grades 6-12 school had great appeal as we pondered a variety of independent school options north of Boston.
- Posted by Parent - pt409
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.