Grades: 6-12 | 1500 students
- St. John's Prep is the only all-boys school for grades 6 through 12 north of Boston.
- With dynamic teachers and in small, lively classes, St. John`s fosters critical thinking, compassionate problem solving, and creativity.
- A culture of wellness and a commitment to service runs through all aspects of student life, from academics and the arts to co-curricular life and athletics.
- A Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School, St. John's was founded in 1907 and is located on a 175-acre campus in Danvers, Massachusetts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||1500 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Economics, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP German Language and Culture, AP Human Geography, AP Latin: Vergil, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki or dark pants, collared shirt, dress shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 9 through 12 tuition: $21,955 Grades 6 through 8 tuition: $18,670|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Ms. Jennifer Glover|
|Total Sports Offered||22 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Basketball, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Weightlifting,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
There is a noticeable culture of wellness and commitment to service at St. John`s, both in the classrooms and in the co-curricular activities that are an integral part of the student experience. Guided by the five values of the founding Xaverian Brothers compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal St. John`s encourages habits of excellence, critical thinking, compassionate problem solving, spiritual growth, leadership and creativity.
- Grade-level themes guide teaching and learning at every level
- 1:1 iPad program encourages active, hands-on learning and creativity
- Foreign languages include Chinese, German, Latin and Spanish
- 22 Advanced Placement courses
- Award-winning fine arts program with painting, sculpture, ceramics, drama, and music
- Electives at the high school level include War & Peace in a Dangerous World, Current Issues of Race & Gender, The Holocaust, Economics, Neuroscience, Robotics
- Vibrant Campus Ministry program with opportunities for students to become involved in service work, locally, across the United States and abroad
- 22+ interscholastic sports plus intramurals and wellness/fitness programs
- School Location Miles Grades Students
South HamiltonGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
537 Highland St
South Hamilton, MA 01982
North AndoverGrades: 9-12 | 381 students
1160 Great Pond Road
North Andover, MA 01845
ReadingGrades: 6-12 | 740 students
101 Willow St.
Reading, MA 01867
AndoverGrades: 9-12 | 1138 students
180 Main Street
Andover, MA 01810
MaldenGrades: 9-12 | 589 students
99 Crystal St
Malden, MA 02148
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.