Grades: 6-12 | 32 students
- MCP Middle and High School (Monterey Coast Prep) provides a highly engaging education combining academics, social opportunities, and emotional support for students who learn differently-ensuring that our students can enter college and adult life with confidence.
- We create a personal learning plan that takes into account students' current abilities, future plans, and personal strengths.
- We assess academic, social and emotional ability throughout their learning that is adapted to how they best show what they know and can do.
- The MCP personal learning plan builds on student strengths towards mastery of middle and high school content.
- For students with special gifts, we're able to accelerate and expand learning opportunities for advanced college prep, including UC and AP classes.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Anxiety, ASD, NLD|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Physics, AP US History,|
|Average ACT score||36|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 27 / Mar. 18 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition payable in 1, 2, 4 or 10 monthly payments after deposit.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jay Dunlap|
|Admissions Associate||Kris Neustadter|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs vary by year, Clubs vary by year, Community Service Organization, Student Council, Yearbook Yearbook, Arts and Music Programs vary by year,
Clubs vary by year,
Community Service Organization,
- MCP's focus is on your child's success:
- - Individualized personal learning plans for academic, emotional and social growth
- - Small class size (5 to 8 students)
- - Extended time for learning
- - Accessible and rigorous college preparatory curriculum
- - Schedules that optimize learning
- - Daily Homework Club support and 21st Century Skills Class
- - Collaboration with family and other supporters, including educational therapists, tutors, or psychologists
- - Daily opportunities for leadership
- - Support for adaptive technologies
- - Staff to student ratio of 1:4
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AptosGrades: KG-6 | 44 students
2408 Trout Gulch Rd
Aptos, CA 95003
Santa CruzGrades: NS-8 | 159 students
2190 Empire Grade
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Palo AltoGrades: NS-8 | 124 students
2525 E Bayshore Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Santa CruzGrades: PK-6 | 130 students
250 California Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
MCP offers individualized education, responsive staff, and commitment to helping students with learning differences reach their potential. Three thumbs up from our family!
- Posted by Parent - kfcak
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.