Grades: NS-9 | 205 students
- The curriculum at MSLF, based on Maria Montessori`s study of child development, is designed to maximize the development of children through prepared environments.
- Montessori trained directors conduct carefully planned lessons that children then carry out independently and repeatedly.
- Children are encouraged to build sensory-motor skills, socialization skills, high self-esteem, inner security, and abiding habits of concentration.
- Great care goes into preparing and maintaining classroom materials that are beautiful and inviting, and serve as essential components of the curriculum. Montessori pedagogy is approximately 100 years old and is practiced in nearly four thousand public and private schools in the United States, and throughout the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Association Montessori International (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Sports, Chess Class, Piano Lessons, Violin Lessons Chess Class, Piano Lessons, Violin Lessons, After School Sports,
- We encourage you to see for yourself what a Montessori education can offer to you and your child. Please feel free to call us and schedule your visit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Long GroveGrades: PK-5 | 90 students
Long Grove, IL 60047
WaucondaGrades: PK-8 | 96 students
150 W Bonner Road
Wauconda, IL 60084
LombardGrades: PK-3 | 49 students
241 E. Roosevelt Rd
Lombard, IL 60148
Lake ForestGrades: NS-8 | 417 students
145 S. Green Bay Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
GrayslakeGrades: NS-6 | 135 students
144 Commerce Dr.
Grayslake, IL 60030
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.