Grades: PK | 118 students
- Morning Star School is the only special education facility under the auspices of the Diocese of St. Augustine in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Our school is dedicated to helping children with learning differences become productive, responsible, functioning members of society.
- With the cooperative efforts of parents, teachers, and the community students are afforded the opportunity to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
- Morning Star School does not discriminate based on religious affiliation and embraces the opportunity to provide every child who walks through our doors.
- The mission of Morning Star School as a Catholic Special Education School in the Diocese of St. Augustine is to provide meaningful educational experiences for learning challenged students in an atmosphere which promotes Gospel values while nurturing love and respect, the personal development of every child, creativity, and the joy of learning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Morning Star School also viewed these schools: The Jericho School For Children With Autism.
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.