Grades: PK-12 | 20 students
- The Jericho School is a private non-profit school in Jacksonville, Florida for children with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- The Jericho School provides comprehensive individualized instruction that is based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis and B.F. Skinner's analysis of Verbal Behavior. The Jericho School provides a science-based curriculum.
- Although we specialize in the acquisition of language and communication skills we also provide instruction for a great deal of academic, pre-academic, independent functioning and socialization skill areas.
- The Jericho School has a continuum of services that are offered in efforts to tailor our programs for each individual student and to be able to serve more children and families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges depending on the classroom ratio and services required.|
|Admissions Director||Angelo Martinez|
- The Jericho School is the longest serving school for children with autism in the state of Florida that utilizes Applied Behavior Analysis and Verbal Behavior. Our supervisory staff combined has over 35 years of experience in Applied Behavior Analysis and Education. The Jericho School has a 5 out of 5 star rating according to greatschools.org. As a non-profit organization The Jericho School is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services and is always committed to Progress over Profits.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JacksonvilleGrades: KG-12 | 74 students
223 Mill Creek Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
JacksonvilleGrades: 6-12 | 183 students
9920 Regency Square Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32225
JacksonvilleGrades: PK-6 | 59 students
1216 Lasalle St
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Orange ParkGrades: K | 65 students
3050 Moody Ave
Orange Park, FL 32065
JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 369 students
5725 Fort Caroline Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32277
Jericho is Fabulous!!! Their SCIENCE BASED PROVEN TO WORK educational programs have been the basis for my low functioning Autistic daughter becoming a productive citizen. She is a joy to be around and is extremely happy. Because of Jericho she is able to participate in all family activities and she continues to make meaningful and measurable progress everyday. Feel free to contact me 904 662 7757 for for information about how fabulous Liz has done or if you want info about maximizing Florida Mckay Scholarship Funding. Jericho Rocks!! Respectfully., Lauralyn Popp RN., BSN.
- Posted by Parent - lpopp
The staff and teachers really care about the students and work hard to make sure the students get the most out of the school day.
- Posted by Parent - chjra
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.