Grades: 4-8 | 77 students
- Mother Caroline Academy is a private, tuition free school for girls in grades 4-8 from limitedfinancial means.
- It serves girls of all faiths, races and cultures from Bostonneighborhoods.Rooted in the Catholic tradition, that recognizes the dignity of each person,the Academy emphasizes the importance of scholarship, leadership, spiritual, socialand moral development.
- The Mother Caroline community continues to support and nourishits graduates throughout their secondary and college education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Red or Blue Polo Shirt, Plaid Skirt, Gray Pants, or Khaki Pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Karen Ricketts|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Double Dutch, Drama Club, Running Club, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math), Yearbook/Newspaper Book Club, Double Dutch, Drama Club, Running Club, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math),
- Welcome to Mother Caroline Academy & Education Center (MCAEC). We are delighted that you have taken the first step in learning more about us. Mother Caroline is a private learning environment for low-income middle school girls in grades 4-8 and their families. We have successfully reached hundreds of families of greatest need over the years. Founded in 1993 in the Catholic tradition, MCAEC has a proud history of providing an excellent educational experience to middle school girls in inner city Boston. Since its inception, 100% of our girls have graduated from high school and 68% matriculate college. The relationship that we have with our students and their families is critical to student success. Every day at Mother Caroline we have the privilege of providing an environment where we value the leadership, scholarship, spiritual and moral development of our entire community. We encourage, inspire, and challenge our students to bring forth their best selves so that they may be academically and socially prepared to compete in the 21st century. Our commitment to the moral and academic development of middle school girls began with the vision of our founders Sister Rita Brereton, Father Gerald Osterman and Msgr. William Francis. They believed that by investing in girls from low-income families in Boston, that the return on the community would be fruitful, and it has been. Studies have shown that by giving a girl an education, you are not only investing in her life but that of her family, her community and her nation. At Mother Caroline we recognized the importance of not only investing in a girl but her family and community as well.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BostonGrades: 5-12 | 436 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
Dorchester CenterGrades: 9-12 | 102 students
2220 Dorchester Ave
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
ArlingtonGrades: 6-12 | 73 students
18 Claremont Avenue
Arlington, MA 02476
West RoxburyGrades: PK-8 | 387 students
40 Saint Theresa Ave
West Roxbury, MA 02132
RoslindaleGrades: NS-8 | 361 students
1035 Canterbury Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.