Grades: 4-8 | 77 students
- Mother Caroline Academy is a private, tuition free school for girls in grades 4-8 from limitedfinancial means.
- It serves girls of all faiths, races and cultures from Bostonneighborhoods.Rooted in the Catholic tradition, that recognizes the dignity of each person,the Academy emphasizes the importance of scholarship, leadership, spiritual, socialand moral development.
- The Mother Caroline community continues to support and nourishits graduates throughout their secondary and college education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Red or Blue Polo Shirt, Plaid Skirt, Gray Pants, or Khaki Pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Karen Ricketts|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Double Dutch, Drama Club, Running Club, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math), Yearbook/Newspaper Book Club, Double Dutch, Drama Club, Running Club, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math),
- Welcome to Mother Caroline Academy & Education Center (MCAEC). We are delighted that you have taken the first step in learning more about us. Mother Caroline is a private learning environment for low-income middle school girls in grades 4-8 and their families. We have successfully reached hundreds of families of greatest need over the years. Founded in 1993 in the Catholic tradition, MCAEC has a proud history of providing an excellent educational experience to middle school girls in inner city Boston. Since its inception, 100% of our girls have graduated from high school and 68% matriculate college. The relationship that we have with our students and their families is critical to student success. Every day at Mother Caroline we have the privilege of providing an environment where we value the leadership, scholarship, spiritual and moral development of our entire community. We encourage, inspire, and challenge our students to bring forth their best selves so that they may be academically and socially prepared to compete in the 21st century. Our commitment to the moral and academic development of middle school girls began with the vision of our founders Sister Rita Brereton, Father Gerald Osterman and Msgr. William Francis. They believed that by investing in girls from low-income families in Boston, that the return on the community would be fruitful, and it has been. Studies have shown that by giving a girl an education, you are not only investing in her life but that of her family, her community and her nation. At Mother Caroline we recognized the importance of not only investing in a girl but her family and community as well.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BostonGrades: 5-12 | 436 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
Dorchester CenterGrades: 9-12 | 102 students
2220 Dorchester Ave
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
East BostonGrades: PK-8 | 267 students
69 London St
East Boston, MA 02128
RoxburyGrades: PK-8 | 204 students
131 Mount Pleasant Ave
Roxbury, MA 02119
Roxbury CrossingGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
94 Saint Alphonsus St
Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.