Grades: PK-8 | 181 students
Our eighth graders make an annual week-long trip to Washington, DC; including Williamsburg, VA and the settlement at Jamestown.
Our junior high students investigating and learning the internal workings of computers in our science curriculum.
Mt. Calvary boys basketball (we also have girls basketball), which competes with other challenging teams in our district.
Our 4th graders make an annual trip to Sacramento and San Francisco to further investigate the California curriculum taught during this school year.
Mt. Calvary girls volleyball which competes with other Lutheran schools in our district. A fun way to meet new friends, build skills and develop new sports abilities.
- Mt. Calvary Lutheran School is a Pre-K through eighth grade elementary campus, located in the beautiful community of Diamond Bar, California.
- We provide a Christ-centered education of excellence to the whole child and each family of our school.
- Mt. Calvary Lutheran School is fully accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- We offer I-20 visiting student as well.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See our website for current tuition costs and details.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Associate||Ann Lovell|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Flag Football, Track and Field,
- Mt. Calvary Lutheran school includes Pre-K, Elementary, and Junior High Campuses. We offer advanced math, computer skills and sports programs for all ages. We maintain our academic standards by providing our students with superior curriculum, technology-based instruction through our state-of-the art computer lab, in-class Chromebook tablets, and collaborative student assignments using Google Classroom. After school care is available to assist our working families and their busy schedules. Full time and part time preschool (age 2+) is available with academic training included for age appropriate care. We offer I-20 visiting students as well.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AnaheimGrades: PK-8 | 86 students
191 S Old Springs Rd
Anaheim, CA 92808
CovinaGrades: K-8 | 293 students
360 W Workman St
Covina, CA 91723
Rowland HeightsGrades: NS-12
18550 Farjardo St.
Rowland Heights, CA 91789
Diamond BarGrades: NS-5 | 95 students
23555 Palomino Dr
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
La VerneGrades: PK-12 | 101 students
2990 Damien Ave
La Verne, CA 91750
We love Mt Calvary Lutheran School. The academic program is impressive. The staff and administration provide a pro-gram that is seamless and focused. Learning is taught in an environment that promotes critical thinking across the educational spectrum. My children are taught Christian character values, self reliance, accountability, time management skills, and research skills in addition to the academic program. The skills my Daughters learn at Mt Calvary were immediately recognized by their high school teachers at Cal Poly and are in force today in their everyday life.... Two Valedictorians and one Salutatorian! You can't do that at a Unified School District! Peter P
- Posted by Parent - petey
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.