|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Accomodations for Mild to Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Spanish, AP Literature and Composition, Honors American Literature, Honors Biology,|
|Average SAT score||1187|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,475|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Laurel Evans|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Mountain Biking, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Dance, Mountain Biking,
Our mission is to provide a college
preparatory education to empower each student to reach his or her
full potential as a successful, confident, self-reliant individual,
including those smart, creative students with learning
Orinda Academy is a co-ed independent school for
students in grades 8 to 12 in Orinda, California in the San
Francisco East Bay.
- We offer a college prep curriculum committed to providing students with academic growth, ambitious and advanced classes in the arts, competitive interscholastic athletics and a rich technological curriculum.
- We develop students’ critical thinking skills, ethical values, an appreciation for culture, a healthy lifestyle, and a sense of social responsibility.
- We bring together a diverse student body with a multitude of talents and abilities and develop their love of learning and an appreciation for the opportunities in our multi-cultural world.
- We foster connection, collaboration and communication between parents, students and teachers to achieve a successful academic experience.
- We update parents every two weeks with progress reports and hold parent conferences three times per year.
- Student support includes collaboration with outside tutors, therapists and specialists to ensure student success.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DanvilleGrades: 6-12 | 478 students
2100 Mt Diablo Scenic Blvd
Danville, CA 94506
LafayetteGrades: 9-12 | 285 students
1000 Upper Happy Valley Rd
Lafayette, CA 94549
ConcordGrades: 9-12 | 800 students
1133 Winton Dr
Concord, CA 94518