Main entrance of Primoris Academy - School for gifted and talented children - located at 120 Washington Avenue in Westwood, New Jersey.
School founder Katie Kim addressing parents of prospective students at an Open House at Primoris Academy.
Some of Primoris Academy's younger students using microscopes doing forensic microbiology as part of their S.B.I. (Scientific Bureau of Investigation) class. All Primoris Academy students at all ages participate in enrichment science classes in addition to core science classes.
During fire prevention day, the Primoris Academy students had direct hands-on experience with Westwood Fire Department's Engine #16. They not only learned how to prevent fires, but also how they are fought.
The 2013 Holiday Party at Primoris Academy had a Nutcracker Suite theme and included entertainment by an outside ballet troupe in addition to catered food and fun activities for the whole family.
The largest toy drive in Bergen County P.B.A. history has Westwood, New Jersey private school Primoris Academy donate over 50 toys to Westwood Police Department. Toys were purchased using the net proceeds that Primoris Academy students raised by selling holiday table center pieces which they made themselves.
Primoris Academy is unlike any other school. We are an independent private school that places children into classes based upon their ability, not their chronological age.
We have a unique educational environment where bright children can learn at an accelerated rate and reach their maximum potential.Primoris Academy’s teaching method is a hands-on, experiential approach including special subjects such as Forensic Microbiology, Latin (spoken), Golf, Yoga, Character Education and so much more.The school is located in Westwood, New Jersey serving the greater Bergen County area including the surrounding counties: Rockland, Westchester, Passaic, Hudson, Essex, and Morris County.If your child is looking for a more challenging, intellectually stimulating school environment where they can truly excel, then read on….
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is tiered by age starting at $14,000 for 6 and under and goes up to $19,500 for 13 year olds.|
|Admissions Director||Paul Wharton|
- Advanced learners acquire knowledge and master concepts at a much faster pace than other children at their age. Primoris Academy provides an optimal environment for advanced students to cultivate their cognitive minds reach their full potential alongside like-minded classmates and teachers who share their passion for knowledge and inquisitiveness. Primoris Academy works to develop creative and critical thinking skills and to instill in each student a lasting love of learning.
- WE ARE SPECIAL:
- We are an independent, not-for-profit school for profoundly bright children ages 4 through 17 and offer college level courses. Educating gifted children is our only motive (and our passion). Primoris Academy is not just a gifted and talented “program,” but a full-time, gifted and talented “school.”
- WE ARE UNIQUE:
- The students at Primoris Academy are not put into classes based upon their chronological age; rather, they are placed into classes based upon their ability. Class sizes average 6-8 students and do not exceed 12 students per teacher. In the classroom, we teach using exceptional methods, not through exception to ordinary standards.
- WE ARE DIFFERENT:
- Our teachers specialize in one subject only. Children, even at age 4, are taught by experts in their subject. Furthermore, our students are surrounded by children just like themselves. They are engaged in their learning, appropriately challenged, and maintain their joy of learning. Primoris Academy’s teachers are passionate, intellectually fearless, stimulated by probing questions, and craft innovative lesson plans that go beyond traditional classroom setting. They strive to help each student live fully as a thinker and a learner.
- We provide profoundly bright young children an advanced educational opportunity matched to their abilities strengths, and Interests. We challenge and inspire young minds through compelling academic programs to ensure that each child reaches his or her full potential.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WestwoodGrades: PK-8 | 104 students
64 1st Ave
Westwood, NJ 07675
HillsdaleGrades: PK-8 | 411 students
460 Hillsdale Avenue
Hillsdale, NJ 07642
EmersonGrades: PK-8 | 250 students
35 Jefferson Ave
Emerson, NJ 07630
OaklandGrades: PK-KG | 113 students
855 Ramapo Valley Rd
Oakland, NJ 07436
Washington TownshipGrades: 9-12 | 839 students
500 Van Emburgh Ave
Washington Township, NJ 07676