Grades: K-5 | 244 students
Phonetic-based reading is taught beginning in kindergarten and is emphasized throughout all grades at Redwood Christian Elementary School.
- The mission of Redwood Christian Schools is to provide a Christ-centered education which is able to equip students for daily living and eternal life.
- Because God is central and has made Himself known through revelation, education must create an awareness of God's manifestations.
- We believe that education is learning to see things as God sees them and to think God's thoughts after Him.
- We believe that all curricula content is related to God and the revelation of God becomes the heart of the curricula.
- The most important agent in this revelation is the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that education is the process of directing human development toward godliness in character and action.
- In this process, the Christian school is an extension of both the home and the church, the two institutions to which Scripture gives the responsibility of education.
- We recognize that the most effective education necessitates a Christian teacher and a Christian student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(collared shirts; jeans in good repair)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brittany Spade|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Band (Grades 3-5), Basic Computing/Keyboarding, Beginning Band (Grades 3-5), Chess and Games Club, Robotics, Royal Choir (Grades 4-5) Robotics, Advanced Band (Grades 3-5),
Beginning Band (Grades 3-5),
Chess and Games Club,
Royal Choir (Grades 4-5),
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San LeandroGrades: PK-8 | 134 students
2305-A Washington Ave
San Leandro, CA 94577
Castro ValleyGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
3427 Somerset Avenue
Castro Valley, CA 94546
San LorenzoGrades: 6-12 | 415 students
1000 Paseo Grande
San Lorenzo, CA 94580
FremontGrades: PK-12 | 735 students
4760 Thornton Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
San LeandroGrades: K-8 | 287 students
1851 136th Ave
San Leandro, CA 94578
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.