Grades: K-5 | 244 students
Phonetic-based reading is taught beginning in kindergarten and is emphasized throughout all grades at Redwood Christian Elementary School.
- The mission of Redwood Christian Schools is to provide a Christ-centered education which is able to equip students for daily living and eternal life.
- Because God is central and has made Himself known through revelation, education must create an awareness of God's manifestations.
- We believe that education is learning to see things as God sees them and to think God's thoughts after Him.
- We believe that all curricula content is related to God and the revelation of God becomes the heart of the curricula.
- The most important agent in this revelation is the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that education is the process of directing human development toward godliness in character and action.
- In this process, the Christian school is an extension of both the home and the church, the two institutions to which Scripture gives the responsibility of education.
- We recognize that the most effective education necessitates a Christian teacher and a Christian student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(collared shirts; jeans in good repair)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brittany Spade|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Band (Grades 3-5), Basic Computing/Keyboarding, Beginning Band (Grades 3-5), Chess and Games Club, Robotics, Royal Choir (Grades 4-5) Robotics, Advanced Band (Grades 3-5),
Beginning Band (Grades 3-5),
Chess and Games Club,
Royal Choir (Grades 4-5),
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Castro ValleyGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
3427 Somerset Avenue
Castro Valley, CA 94546
San LeandroGrades: PK-8 | 134 students
2305-A Washington Ave
San Leandro, CA 94577
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 280 students
2901 California St
San Francisco, CA 94115
San LorenzoGrades: 6-12 | 415 students
1000 Paseo Grande
San Lorenzo, CA 94580
FremontGrades: PK-12 | 735 students
4760 Thornton Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.