Grades: PK-12 | 124 students
- RCDS focuses on an individualized approach to education for each of its students.
- The Pre-K through Grade 12 curriculum offers a breadth and depth of academics, arts and inquiry, with multi-age classes and opportunities for mentorship and leadership across the grades.
- Each student benefits from differentiated learning techniques and an exceptional college preparatory program.
- The school offers financial aid to maintain its unique and diverse socioeconomic learning environment on its sprawling rural 20-acre campus near New York City.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English, History, Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1805|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,975|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by grade $15,900 Pre-K, $23,885 Children's School, $27,610 Middle School, $29,975 Upper School|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tricia Mayer|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Workshops, Ceramics, Chess Club, Chorus, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Drama, E-Magazine, Golf, Improv, Lego Club, Mandarin, Organic Gardening, Percussion, Photography, Psychology, Skiing, Song Writing, Tennis, Yearbook Art Workshops, Ceramics, Chess Club, Chorus, Drama, E-Magazine, Golf, Improv, Lego Club, Mandarin, Percussion, Photography, Psychology, Skiing, Song Writing, Tennis, Yearbook, Creative Writing,
- This Pre-K through Grade 12 independent school is based on a humanistic approach to education where each students is approached as an individual. Located on a sprawling 20-acre campus, Rockland Country Day School students benefit from differentiated learning techniques, award-winning arts program and provides an exceptional college preparatory program. Financial aid is available.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Spring ValleyGrades: NS-12 | 347 students
307 Hungry Hollow Road
Spring Valley, NY 10977
West NyackGrades: K-8 | 89 students
110 Demarest Mill Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
GarnervilleGrades: PK-8 | 300 students
29 Cinder Rd
Garnerville, NY 10923
New CityGrades: KG-6 | 96 students
384 New Hempstead Rd
New City, NY 10956
SuffernGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
60 Washington Ave
Suffern, NY 10901
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.