Grades: NS-8 | 346 students
Our Peter Lynch Scholars attend a Mass and Breakfast with the Catholic Schools Foundation and the Cardinal!
- If you are looking for a school that is alive with happy, caring, friendly, intelligent children, come and visit us! If you are looking for a school that celebrates diversity and instills Christian values of inclusiveness and unity, we welcome you! Accredited and abreast of the most advanced techniques, classroom methodologies and subject matter, Sacred Heart School empowers each student to reach his/her potential by upholding academic excellence, religious formation, social consciousness, emotional growth, and physical development.
- Our classrooms resonate with creativity, acceptance and companionship.
- As we participate in the mission of Jesus to bring all peoples into union with God and one another we instill in our students a desire to live out our school motto: "Keep Kindness in Your Heart.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||346 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet, Band, CYO Basketball, Chess, Choir, Drama, Newspaper, Student Council, Yearbook Ballet, Band, CYO Basketball, Chess, Choir, Drama, Newspaper, Yearbook, Student Council,
- Sacred Heart School is a Catholic, parish elementary school committed to equipping students to meet the academic, social and technological demands of the 21stCentury. We recognize and develop the innate God given talents of each individual student. In order to meet those demands we prepare SHS students with the resources necessary to develop the skills required to succeed and thrive in an ever-changing global and technological world. SHS creates a faith filled learning environment, where each student learns their role and the responsibilities of being a “good steward to the world and its citizens,” through service, good works and prayer. The SHS faculty and staff join with parents to assist students in developing the skills to become independent and self-sufficient adults who will succeed and contribute responsibly in a fast paced, technological and global community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West RoxburyGrades: PK-6 | 539 students
535 W Roxbury Pkwy
West Roxbury, MA 02132
West RoxburyGrades: PK-8 | 387 students
40 Saint Theresa Ave
West Roxbury, MA 02132
Chestnut HillGrades: PK-12 | 373 students
69 Middlesex Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
BostonGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
9 Moon St
Boston, MA 02113
BostonGrades: PK-6 | 295 students
866 E Broadway
Boston, MA 02127
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.