Grades: 9-12 | 560 students
- In the spirit of Saint John Bosco, Salesian High School seeks to educate students by helping them to develop into good Christian men and women whose lives and accomplishments will be for the benefit of humankind and to the glory of God.
- Salesian High School is a private, co-educational, Catholic secondary school owned and sponsored by the Salesian Society, a religious institution of the Catholic Church.
- It provides college preparatory and general education for students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, especially those who are poor, needy, or at risk without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, and/or socio-economic condition.
- It combines the elements of Church, school, playground, home, and family in accordance with Saint John Bosco's system of reason, religion, and loving kindness.
- In embracing Saint John Bosco's vision of community, the School relies on the collaboration of all members of the Salesian family-students, parents, administrators, teachers, staff, alumni/alumnae, and those benefactors from the public community who donate their time, efforts, and/or money to the school-as essential to the achievement of its spiritual and academic goals.
- In its educational programs, the School encourages students to develop their unique talents and gifts.
- It also values the innate worth and dignity of all students, and works to develop self-worth within each individual and respect for one another in a Christian community of faith, love, and fellowship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||560 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San PabloGrades: K-8 | 202 students
1825 Church Lane
San Pablo, CA 94806
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 110 students
2354 Andrade Ave
Richmond, CA 94804
RichmondGrades: 1-5 | 5 students
2225 Gaynor Ave
Richmond, CA 94801
El SobranteGrades: NS-PK | 26 students
3240 San Pablo Dam Rd.
El Sobrante, CA 94803
RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 169 students
871 Sonoma Street
Richmond, CA 94805
I really recommend this school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - vanes
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.