Grades: 9-12 | 410 students
- San Francisco University High School, established in 1973, is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent secondary school for grades nine through twelve.
- University High School welcomes students of demonstrated motivation and ability to engage in an education that fosters responsibility and the spirited pursuit of knowledge.
- We are a school where adults believe in the promise of every student, and together we work to build and sustain a community of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and talents.
- UHS challenges each individual to live a life of integrity, inquiry, and purpose larger than the self.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$42,850|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$29,282|
|Admissions Director||Aaron Mieszczanski|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Badminton,
Cross Country, Dance,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Rock Climbing, Sailing,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 445 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 280 students
2901 California St
San Francisco, CA 94115
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 1270 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 1466 students
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
1563 Page St
San Francisco, CA 94117
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.