- San Juan Diego Catholic High School opened in 2002 after Archbishop Gregory Aymond recognized the need for Catholic, college, preparatory education in Austin.
- Students participate in the corporate internship program (CIP) where they work entry-level positions in the corporate world to earn part of their tuition.
- Students intern at some of Austin`s top employers including Seton Healthcare Family, Dell, IBM, St. Edward`s University and Graves Dougherty Hearon and Moody.
- Through the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the 21st Century Grant (CCLC), SJDCHS students are able to participate in a number of extra-curricular activities including athletics, after-school clubs, and tutoring. In addition, parents are also able to participate in programs such as conditioning club.
- As a community of faith, we believe that a Catholic, college preparatory education, combined with a corporate internship program (CIP), creates spiritual, intellectual, and professional growth for the students we serve.
- We value our students, their families, and the rich culture they bring to our school, and are committed to shaping the young hearts and minds of our future leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP US History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(dress pants and dress shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,900|
|Tuition Notes||We are dedicated to offering a affordable education to all families. Financial Assistance application available year round.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Melinda Szabo|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Choir, Guitar Club, Robotics, Spanish Club, Venture Crew Art Club, Choir, Guitar Club, Robotics, Spanish Club, Venture Crew,|
- Shortly after arriving in Austin in June 2000, Bishop Gregory Aymond sought to advance the Church's prophetic mission by increasing the number of Catholic school opportunities in Central Texas. Citing the Church's "preferential option for the poor," he sought to make quality, Catholic, college-prepatory education available to young people who otherwise might not have access to it. In August 2002, only weeks after the canonization of St. Juan Diego, the indigenous man to whom Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared, Bishop Aymond opened San Juan Diego Catholic High School. San Juan Diego is modeled after Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Chicago. Because of its academic excellence and innovative Corporate Work Study Program, San Juan Diego Catholic High School is popularly known as "The School That Works!"
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 119 students
306 W 29th St
Austin, TX 78705
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 628 students
4220 Monterey Oaks Blvd
Austin, TX 78749
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 611 students
12124 Ranch Rd 620 North
Austin, TX 78750
AustinGrades: 5-12 | 64 students
4407 Red River St
Austin, TX 78751
AustinGrades: K-12 | 1000 students
3230 Travis Country Circle
Austin, TX 78735