Upcoming Events and News:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||522 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||53%
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||55%|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||33 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Accelerated Alegbra II, Accelerated Biology, Accelerated Chemistry, Accelerated Chinese IV, Accelerated English III, Accelerated French IV, Accelerated Latin IV, Accelerated Precalculus, Accelerated Precalculus/Calc A, Accelerated Spanish III, Advanced Topics in Mathematics, AP American Government, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Economics, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C, AP Physics I, AP Physics II, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Spanish Literature and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, AP World History, Multivariable Calculus, Scientific Research|
|Average SAT score||2016|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,460|
|Tuition Notes||Estimated additional $1,600 - $3,000 for books, supplies and activities.|
|% on Financial Aid||13%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$31,193|
|Admissions Director||Elaine J. Mijalis-Kahn|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Ramadan|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Over 50 clubs offered each year. Over 50 clubs offered each year.,
Sage Hill School’s commitment to academic excellence, outstanding college preparation, and unwavering dedication to a public purpose provides a transformative experience for our students. We inspire a love of learning in our students and the ability to use that knowledge creatively, compassionately, and courageously throughout their lives.
Situated on a beautiful thirty-acre, ocean-view campus in Newport Coast, California, Sage Hill School is Orange County’s premier non-profit, non-sectarian, independent college preparatory high school. Our small classes, rigorous academic program, and extensive educational opportunities beyond the traditional classroom engage our students’ passions and teach them to be lifelong learners and innovative leaders.
- Our broad curriculum also includes 33 accelerated/AP courses in every discipline, advanced elective offerings and opportunities for independent research.
- Our average class size of 16 facilitates close relationships with our world-class faculty.
- Our 39:1 student-to-college-counselor ratio ensures that each student receives highly personalized guidance to find the best college fit.
- The newly built 13,000 square foot Lisa Argyros and Family Science Center is designed to promote innovative teaching and learning in science.
- Our state-of-the-art Studio at Sage Hill allows students to hone their crafts within seven different arts disciplines and offers exceptional space for student and professional performances.
- Our nationally-recognized Service Learning Program is fully integrated within our curriculum and allows students to leverage their classroom experience to benefit the community beyond Sage Hill.
- Our unique, year-end Spring at Sage program allows students to pursue their passions in intensive seminars, independent projects or through Global Experiences.
- School accreditations: CAIS, NAIS, WASC, CASE.
Profile last updated: 06/18/2015
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Corona Del MarHarbor Day School
3443 Pacific View Dr
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
(949)640-14102.1 mi | 408 students | Gr. K-8
IrvineTarbut V'torah Community Day School
5 Federation Way
Irvine, CA 92603
(949)509-9500(Jewish)3.4 mi | 619 students | Gr. K-12
Newport BeachNewport Coast Preschool
2350 Ford Rd
Newport Beach, CA 92660
(949)644-5977Daycare / Preschool3.8 mi | 342 students | Gr. PK-K
Newport BeachSt Matthew's Montessori
2300 Ford Rd
Newport Beach, CA 92660
(949)219-0915Montessori School (Roman Catholic)3.8 mi | 78 students | Gr. PK-KG
IrvineUniversity Montessori School
101 Russell Pl
Irvine, CA 92617
(949)854-6030Montessori School4 mi | 208 students | Gr. PK-1