CAL COAST ACADEMY
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Independent Private Schools Association
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||8% (CA School Avg.: 40%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|English Language & Composition||English Literature & Composition|
|European History||French Language|
|United States Government & Politics||United States History|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for full-time students enrolled in grades 6 through 8 costs $1575 per month, tuition for students enrolled in grades 9 and 10 costs $1625 per month, and tuition for students enrolled in grades 11 and 12 costs $1675 per month. Annual tuition costs|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
|Admissions Director||Haile Brooke|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||7 extracurriculars|
|C3 (Cal Coast Cares)||CCASB (Cal Coast Associated Student Body)|
|Equestrian Team||LOL (Learn on Location)|
|SIBS (Students in the Business of Service)||Surf Team|
- CAL COAST ACADEMY IS PROVIDING EDUCATION AS UNIQUE AS EACH STUDENT'S FINGERPRINT
- Cal Coast Academy believes that the individual student is the guiding principle in the evolution of our Schools educational programs. Our instruction is tailored to students learning styles and flexibility drives all of our aspects of academia. Our small class size (6:1 student/teacher ratio) facilitates individualism. Cal Coast Academy embraces change and innovation in the service of fulfilling our commitment to our students.
- Cal Coast Academy believes that our students succeed in college and later in life because they are comfortable, valued, and unconditionally embraced academically, socially, creatively, and emotionally in our learning environment. This empowers our students to strive for excellence to experience the value of hard work, to think critically, to collaborate productively, to express themselves thoughtfully, and to overcome the challenges they encounter in life.
- Cal Coast Academy believes that the interconnectedness of countries and cultures and the profound impact of our collective actions on the world around us highlight the importance of instilling in our students a sense of global awareness, humanity exercised through social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
- Cal Coast Academy cherishes the variety of perspectives, personalities, and passions that our students bring, and we believe that this diversity makes our school a community where each can learn from all.
- Cal Coast Academy believes that talented, dedicated, and passionate teachers, who hold high expectations for all, engage in communication with parents, and find fulfillment in their work are the greatest resource we have to call upon in educating our students.
- Cal Coast Academy is privileged to be educating the next generation of leaders, and we know that their success depends upon their honor and moral integrity, their capacity for managing complexity, their versatility and resolution, and their confidence in embarking on ambitious endeavors; all learned given proper support and modeling.
- 97% OF CAL COAST ACADEMYS GRADUATES HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF THEIR CHOICE.
- OUR NETWORK OF SUPPORT: Cal Coast Academy’s Faculty & Staff members dedicates themselves to identifying the best personal learning style for each one of our students and provide them with the tools they need to succeed. This is an ongoing process. It is interactive. It is personal. Our Faculty and Staff members also address each of our student’s immediate needs while cultivating long term skills in studying and all academics. Cal Coast Academy’s homework help is another supportive tool we offer. Our teacher directed homework help is offered Monday-Friday from 2pm-4pm.
Profile last updated: 04/02/2012
Gr. 6-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0.2 mi. away
Gr. 5 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-8 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. 6-12 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-6 | 1.2 mi. away