Bishop Stang High School
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||740 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (MA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||50%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Biology, Chemistry, Physics B, Calculus AB,||Psychology, Modern European History, English Literature|
|Average SAT score||1629|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(khaki pants, uniform skirt, pole shirt)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 3 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|% on Financial Aid||25%|
|Admissions Director||Christine Payette|
|Admissions Associate||Patricia Vargas|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Track and Field||Ultimate Frisbee|
|Total Extracurriculars||15 extracurriculars|
|a Capella Choir||Campus Ministry|
|Captain's Club||Catholic Citizenship|
|Chess Club||Drama Club|
|Literary Magazine||Forensics & Debate|
|Improv Troupe||Math Team. Mock Trial club|
|Multicultural Club||National Honors Society|
|Peer Mediation||Pep Band|
- Bishop Stang High School is a Catholic co-educational, four-year college preparatory school in the Fall River Diocese serving students from a wide geographic area and from diverse academic, economic, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
- As a community rooted in and dedicated to the message of Jesus Christ, as handed down to us through the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, we are called to educate our students for global awareness and commission them to give witness to a shared vision of hope, faith, and love.
- Bishop Stang High School prides itself on its positive, nurturing and creative environment and its challenging, flexible, and innovative curriculum.
- Believing that personal attention leads to positive growth and achievement, Bishop Stang High School fosters close student-student and student-teacher relationships.
- Placing students in academic levels commensurate to their educational backgrounds and needs helps students reach their full potential.
Related School Videos:
Where I am from - Bishop Stang High School
11 months ago
Anton Medeiro at Bishop Stang High School
4 years ago
Blow Gabriel Blow - Bishop Stang High School
4 years ago
Related School News:
- Parents go shopping ? for schools - New England Business Bulletin
posted on February 3, 2013 at 09:37:37 pm
Parents go shopping ? for schoolsNew England Business Bulletin... Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School; New Bedford Public Schools; ...
- Bishop Stang opens new $6 million academic resource center - New England Business Bulletin
posted on January 31, 2013 at 06:05:59 am
Bishop Stang opens new $6 million academic resource centerNew England Business BulletinDARTMOUTH ? Bishop Stang High School students found themselves with a ...
- Inaugural SouthCoast School Choice Fair is Feb. 2 - SouthCoastToday.com
posted on January 30, 2013 at 02:58:46 am
Inaugural SouthCoast School Choice Fair is Feb. 2SouthCoastToday.com... New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School, New Bedford Public Schools ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-12 | 0.9 mi. away
Gr. 6-8 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.2 mi. away