John Dewey Academy
|School Membership(s)||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10 - 12|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10% (MA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
- Housed in historic Searles Castle in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, the John Dewey Academy is a coeducational college preparatory boarding school with a strong therapeutic component. Our mission is to provide intensive, individualized instruction and therapy to alienated, angry, self-destructive, but bright adolescents. This approach inspires students to use, rather than to continue to abuse, their talents. This vision is admittedly an ambitious one: we aim to restore hope, to rebuild families, and to transform students' lives.
Related School Videos:
Friday 5: John Dewey Academy for Learning
5 months ago
A Peek at the John Dewey Academy of Learning
1 year ago.
I LOVE JOHN DEWEY ACADEMY!
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Blast off: Annual Rockets for Schools sees another great turnout - The Sheboygan Press
posted on May 6, 2013 at 11:43:20 am
Blast off: Annual Rockets for Schools sees another great turnoutThe Sheboygan PressLevel 1, senior division, winners were: Lomira High School, Lomira (first place); ...
- John Dewey Academy - Strugglingteens.com (press release)
posted on March 25, 2013 at 06:29:29 pm
John Dewey AcademyStrugglingteens.com (press release)In November 2012, John Dewey Academy hosted a Memorial Service in honor of Tom Bratter's life and ...
- Church bulletin - Green Bay Press Gazette
posted on March 16, 2013 at 09:14:21 am
Church bulletinGreen Bay Press GazetteFundraiser for John Dewey Academy of Learning students' trip to Washington, D.C. Bake and craft sale. ...
Gr. 10-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 2.3 mi. away
Gr. 4-12 | 3.2 mi. away
Gr. PK | 4.9 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 5.5 mi. away
Gr. PK | 8.3 mi. away
- March 16,2012 - This school saved my son's life. The faculty and staff are incredibly talented. The peer based model got through to our son when nothing else worked. He has now learned new, productive behaviors and he is doing very well in his second year at Dewey. We love this school and give it our highest recommendation.*-Posted by Parent *