Learning Project Elementary School
|School Membership(s)||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||26% (MA School Avg.: 23%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||66%|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(neat, clean, simple and fitted)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $18,300 in kindergarten to $18,900 in sixth grade.|
|% on Financial Aid||26%|
|Admissions Director||Andy Gallagher|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Pulda|
- The Learning Project is located in the Back Bay of Boston, a block from the Clarendon Street Playground, "the school's playyard;" five blocks from the Boston Public Library Main Branch--"the school's library;" and five blocks from the Copley Square T station.
- The school provided approximately $340,000 in tuition assistance in 2009/2010 and is committed to keeping its tuition relatively low. Both are reflections of a strong commitment to socio-economic diversity.
- Separate Head Teachers work with each class several times a week in Physical Education, Spanish, Science, Music and Art.
- Guided by a commitment to both direct instruction and project centered learning, the school's faculty challenges every child to do his or her personal best.
- A formal core values/character education program has always been a centerpiece of the school.
- Over 90% of our students qualified to attend the Boston Exam Schools have been accepted to them. Students have also gone on to a variety of independent schools including: Beaver Country Day School, Belmont Hill School,Boston College High Middle School, Brimmer and May, BB&N, Catholic Memorial, Hillside, Mt. Alvernia, Newton Country Day School, Noble and Greenough, Park, Rivers, Roxbury Latin, Trinity Academy and Winsor.
Profile last updated: 05/18/2012
Related School Videos:
Gr. K-6 | 0 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 0.1 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.1 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K-7 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-6 | 0.4 mi. away