|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, Mild LD|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||23% (NJ School Avg.: 32%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||65%|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(jeans, kilt, sweater, oxford)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$52,550|
|Tuition Notes||5-Day Boarding Student Tuition: $50,550; Day Student Tuition: $44,350; International Student Tuition: $57,800|
|% on Financial Aid||26%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,000|
|Admissions Director||Nicole Moon|
|Admissions Associate||Gena Parks|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||20 extracurriculars|
|Adlibbers-Acting Group||Art Club|
|Community Service Club||Dance Synthesis|
|Fashion Design||Floor Leaders|
|Knitting Club||Peer Leaders|
|Recycling Club||Red Team/Blue Team|
|School Tour Guides||Shoots and Strawberries Singing Group|
|Student Council||Student Library Club|
- Purnell is a small girls boarding school that focuses on the success of every student. We take girls from a wide variety of backgrounds and help them find success and discover and what they are best at doing.
- We accept students with mild learning disabilities, students who are talented in the performing arts and students who need a smaller environment to thrive in. Average students can shine here where every student "sits in the front row."
- Purnell graduates have described Purnell as the single "best thing to ever happen to me." We are college preparatory, teach hands-on, innovative units and have a strong support system in place that allows all girls to feel integrated into the community and an important person in her own right. We are a traditional boarding school that serves a unique niche.
- We have an exceptional performing and fine arts department and many graduates go on to professional careers in the arts.
- We offer seven and five-day boarding as well as day student programs. Tuition for the 5-day boarding program is $48,800. Day student tuition is $42,800.
- Purnell offers a wide variety of aid. We provide grants to low, medium and even upper middle level incomes so that the school can be affordable to all.
- Purnell is located on 83 acres in rural, equestrian New Jersey. Safe, peaceful yet close to the vibrancy of New York City and Philadelphia.
- School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated: 09/05/2012
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Teacher - Purnell School - Pottersville, NJ
posted on June 28, 2012 at 01:00:00 am
School Setting: Purnell School is located in Pottersville, New Jersey an hour west of New York City ...
- 23 graduate from Purnell School
posted on June 4, 2011 at 01:44:17 am
POTTERSVILLE (BEDMINSTER) — Purnell School conducted commencement exercises on Friday on the lawn of the ...
- Discovery Channel features Purnell School in Bedminster Township
posted on April 1, 2011 at 07:27:50 am
BEDMINSTER TWP. – The Purnell School , a private, all-girls high school in the Pottersville ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-8 | 2 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 2.3 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-12 | 2.8 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | 2.9 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 3.4 mi. away