|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, Mild LD|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||23% (NJ School Avg.: 29%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||65%|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(jeans, kilt, sweater, oxford)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$52,550|
|Tuition Notes||5-Day Boarding Student Tuition: $50,550; Day Student Tuition: $44,350; International Student Tuition: $57,800|
|% on Financial Aid||26%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,000|
|Admissions Director||Nicole Moon|
|Admissions Associate||Gena Parks|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Adlibbers-Acting Group, Art Club, Big Sisters, Choir, Community Service Club, Dance Synthesis, Environmental Club, Equestrian, Fashion Design, Floor Leaders, Knitting Club, Peer Leaders, Recycling Club, Red Team/Blue Team, School Tour Guides, Shoots and Strawberries Singing Group, Student Council, Student Library Club, Technical Theater, Yearbook|
- Purnell is a small girls boarding school that focuses on the success of every student. We take girls from a wide variety of backgrounds and help them find success and discover and what they are best at doing.
- We accept students with mild learning disabilities, students who are talented in the performing arts and students who need a smaller environment to thrive in. Average students can shine here where every student "sits in the front row."
- Purnell graduates have described Purnell as the single "best thing to ever happen to me." We are college preparatory, teach hands-on, innovative units and have a strong support system in place that allows all girls to feel integrated into the community and an important person in her own right. We are a traditional boarding school that serves a unique niche.
- We have an exceptional performing and fine arts department and many graduates go on to professional careers in the arts.
- We offer seven and five-day boarding as well as day student programs. Tuition for the 5-day boarding program is $48,800. Day student tuition is $42,800.
- Purnell offers a wide variety of aid. We provide grants to low, medium and even upper middle level incomes so that the school can be affordable to all.
- Purnell is located on 83 acres in rural, equestrian New Jersey. Safe, peaceful yet close to the vibrancy of New York City and Philadelphia.
- School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated: 09/05/2012
Gladstone The Willow School
Far Hills Far Hills Country Day School
Gladstone Gill St. Bernard's School
Gladstone Montgomery Academy
Special Education School2.9 mi | 64 students | Gr. 1-12 1 Review
Peapack Matheny School
Special Education School3.4 mi | 70 students | Gr. K-12