Holy Martyrs Armenian Day School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||4% (NY School Avg.: 38%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||95%|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Average ACT score||95|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(Grey pants, plade jumper, white shirt, Navy blue cardigan)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 31 / May. 15|
|Tuition Notes||$5,200 for Pre K Students $4,400 for Grades K-6 $250 registration fee|
|% on Financial Aid||5%|
|Admissions Director||Zarmine Boghosian|
|Admissions Associate||Maro Jamgotchian|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||4 extracurriculars|
|Spanish||arts & crafts|
- The Holy Martyrs Armenian Day School provides an educational environment in which students are educated through a bilingual curriculum to become responsible individuals, confident in their languages, appreciative of their cultures and well-prepared as members of American society.
- The HMADS believes in the uniqueness of each individual. Thus, the educational effort focuses on the process of "learning to learn" by fostering the love of learning.
- The school believes in developing the whole person and therefore, encouraging its students to develop as well-rounded individuals with a wide variety of extracurricular interests and achievements that help them exercise leadership, cooperation, and caring.
- The students of this school also acquire a strong sense of Armenian ancestry and traditional values.
- These values permeate their lives not only while they are at this school but also long after they have left it.
Profile last updated: 04/12/2012
Related School Videos:
HMADS, 300 Anniversary of Sayat Nova
9 days ago
HMADS, 30 Commencement Exercises
5 months ago
Related School News:
- A la Une - Surmonter les défis importants - CollectifVAN.org
posted on March 7, 2013 at 06:50:44 am
CollectifVAN.orgA la Une - Surmonter les défis importantsCollectifVAN.orgÀ cette occasion propice, le conseil d'administration du réseau de télévision a honoré ...
- Sassounian: Maximizing Armenian Capabilities to Overcome Major Challenges - Armenian Weekly
posted on March 6, 2013 at 05:56:17 pm
Sassounian: Maximizing Armenian Capabilities to Overcome Major ChallengesArmenian Weekly... honored Zarmine Boghosian, writer and principal of Holy Martyrs Armenian Day ...
Gr. PK-6 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. PK-6 | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.3 mi. away