Grades: K - 9 | 371 students
St. Brendan Academy opened in September 1931, with a staff of three sisters - Sr. M. Anita, Sr. M. Catherine, and Sr. M. Paula - and a registration of twenty-five students. The Parish's Fiftieth Anniversary Booklet relates, "The small numbers in faculty and students were more than compensated for by the spirit of hope and optimism and the desire to learn." The original program provided only a ninth grade curriculum; an additional grade was added each year until a full four-year academic course was completed. Nineteen girls, the first graduation class were granted diplomas in 1935. The St. Brendan Community School of Music is quickly gaining the reputation as a premiere music school in the North Bronx serving families throughout New York City and Westchester. The school's studios are housed on the 2nd and 3rd floors of St. Brendan's Convent. Quality and affordable lessons are offered in piano, guitar, voice, strings, winds, and brass. Teachers are conservatory-trained and teach both children and adults. Piano students will have the opportunity to perform on a beautiful newly donated grand piano.