|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
State or regional independent school association
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||81%|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP U.S. History,|
|Average SAT score||1642|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Check website for current tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Stephen Eggold|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competitions, Band, Choir, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Manga & Anime Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography, Service Clubs, Spiritual Life Group, Student Council, Yearbook Band, Choir, Drama, Newspaper, Photography, Service Clubs, Yearbook, Academic Competitions,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Manga & Anime Club,
National Honor Society,
Spiritual Life Group,
- God and the Bible are present in every class and activity.
- Lutheran High offers proven academic achievement.
- Lutheran High offers a full range of Advanced Placement (AP) and Honors Programs.
- Lutheran High Staff members are highly credentialed and certified.
- Lutheran High graduates are recruited by top colleges.
- A small staff to student ratio allows Lutheran High teachers to know and care about each student.
- Lutheran High provides a welcoming, friendly, safe, academic environment.
Profile last updated: 01/16/2013
San Antonio The Atonement Academy
(Roman Catholic)1.9 mi | 594 students | Gr. PK-12
San Antonio Primrose School At Sonoma Ranch
Early Childhood / Day Cares2.4 mi | 137 students | Gr. K
San Antonio TMI-The Episcopal School of Texas
(Episcopal)2.6 mi | 435 students | Gr. 6-12
San Antonio Blessed Hope Academy
(Christian)4 mi | 150 students | Gr. 9-12
San Antonio University Umc Day School
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Methodist)4.3 mi | 179 students | Gr. K
- February 09, 2014 - I have been at Lutheran for almost two years now and I absolutely love it! The teachers are always there to help you no matter what it is about. I have excelled in many of my classes thanks to the help of my teachers. We have been adding more and more clubs so far we have anime club, book club, pro life club, and chess club and will hopefully be starting more! We also have sports such as volleyball who recently just won district championships, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis etc. Lutheran High school is extremely welcoming and all of the students are always there for each other. If anyone is looking for a school I would definitely recommend this school! - Posted by Student/Alumni
- February 09, 2014 - I could not have choosen a better private school for my two boys. They both are excelling in the small school environment and getting awesome academic preparation for college. They are flourishing with the spiritual aspect. The teachers are phenomenal and know every student''s strengths and weaknesses and do a superb job guiding and directing all the students. The students are there for each other as well to make sure everyone suceeds! - Posted by Parent