Lycee International De Los Angeles - Los Feliz
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)||European Council for International Schools
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Other school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||530 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20% (CA School Avg.: 40%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||90%|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|FB Economics||FB Philosophy|
|IB Art/Art History||IB Higher English/Literature A-1|
|IB/FB Higher Biology||IB/FB Higher French/Literature A-1|
|IB/FB Higher Math||IB/FB Higher Physics/Chemistry|
|IB/FB History/Geography||International and/or French Baccalaureate AP-equivalent courses|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(School dress code enforced)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||This is an average tuition amount. Tuition depends on grade.|
|% on Financial Aid||25%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
|Admissions Director||Juliette Lange|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||15 extracurriculars|
|French Theater||Model UN|
- The Lycée International de Los Angeles (LILA) is a French American School. LILA is dedicated to fostering an international perspective that extends beyond the borders of the students' own country and culture to create open-minded individuals in a humanistic and secular environment, preparing them for success in the United States and throughout the world.
- LILA strives to create modern "Renaissance Students" who are well-versed in a variety of subjects, who think critically and creatively, who effectively express themselves, and whose enjoyment of learning will never cease. These goals are fulfilled in two languages and through two cultures. The school bases its curriculum on, and embraces the philosophies of, the French educational system. This is combined with the best of the American system which values personal initiative. To achieve these goals, students follow a rigorous program of study which establishes a firm foundation for future studies and for success in life after school.
- LILA's academic program from pre-school into high school is based on a bicultural program which results in a French Baccalaureat and/or an International Baccalaureate. Students are taught to speak, read, and write both French and English, but we aim to offer more than mere knowledge of the two languages. Our policy is one of integration: young Americans must be integrated into French classes and French children must study English along with their American classmates. Students of LILA become citizens of two worlds.
- We believe in a humanistic approach to education, based on knowledge, skill, and reason across many fields.
- We attempt to provide our students with a joy in learning that will carry through their entire lives.
- Our curriculum is based on a combination of the rigor of the French educational system and the American value on individualism.
- Our vision is to maintain an environment where the highest level of academic achievement is encouraged, where athletic skills are nurtured and developed, and at the same time where the original values of LILA's founders are given the highest priority: respect for people no matter where they come from, respect for the knowledge and wisdom of the past as well as the impact of the future, and respect for the world as a place worthy of preserving.
- 4 campuses: - Los Feliz - West Valley (Tarzana) - Pasadena - Orange (Santa Ana)
- The Los Feliz campus is the largest of the school's 4 campuses, and is the only one with a secondary school.
Profile last updated: 07/13/2011
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 0.6 mi. away