The Jewish Day School of Metropolitan Seattle
|School Membership(s)||Other school association(s)
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||1% (WA School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Available at: http://www.jds.org/admission/tuition-and-financial-aid|
|% on Financial Aid||32%|
|Admissions Director||Amy Adler|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Track and Field||Ultimate Frisbee|
|Total Extracurriculars||2 extracurriculars|
|Student Government||Team Yerukim (Green Team)|
- JDS offers a comprehensive, inquiry-based curriculum which develops students who excel academically in high school and college.
- Second language is taught in in all grades with travel in Israel capping the JDS experience.
- Language arts, math, science, social studies and Judaics are enhanced by the study of art, music and physical education.
- Students use digital technologies and multimedia to communicate ideas and connect with individuals and events around the world.
- Our graduates attend public schools and Pacific Northwest independent schools including Lakeside, Bush, Seattle Academy of Arts and Sciences, University Prep, Overlake, The Northwest School and NW Yeshiva High School.
- Our alumni are accepted into prestigious universities in the US and around the world including Columbia, Yale, Harvard, Brandeis, Tufts, Stanford, Boston University, The University of Birmingham (UK), Yeshivat Shvilei Hatorah (Israel), Yeshiva Dauch Ha Talmud (Israel) and the University of Haifa (Israel).
- From Preschool through 8th Grade, the understanding and performance of daily mitzvot are an integral part of the JDS experience. Students apply their moral compass and learn to be upstanders rather than bystanders. They initiate service projects, volunteer their time and work together to make the world a better place.
- JDS houses the Jewish Family Service (JFS) Eastside Food Bank with 3rd graders responsible for packing groceries and distributing the bags to food bank clients each month. 7th grade students prepare and cook additional food items for them.
- Mitzvah Day is a school day dedicated to the entire school going into the community to perform on-location community service projects.
- Students are encouraged to find ways they can make a difference in the world which have included projects for Haiti earthquake relief, projects for homeless teenagers and working with special needs children through the local Friendship Circle organization.
- Our award-winning Team Yerukim (student-led green team) creates and promotes green initiatives such as campus waste reduction which has resulted in our being named a King County Green School.
Profile last updated: 01/28/2013
Related School Videos:
Interview: Rabbi Stuart Light
6 months ago
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Phoenix Jones Breaks Kid's Finger, Rex Velvet Offers Helping Hand - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly
posted on June 15, 2012 at 11:41:00 am
An 11-year-old boy ended up in a cast with a broken finger after he attempted to punch Phoenix Jones during the self-proclaimed ...
- Kid breaks finger punching 'superhero'
posted on June 15, 2012 at 10:15:00 am
An 11-year-old boy in Bellevue, Wash., is recovering from a broken finger this week after he took up a challenge from a local self-appointed superhero to punch him in his rubberized armor. According to the superhero's spokesman, Ben Fodor -- also known as Phoenix Jones when he's suited up -- was speaking to ...
- County to honor Bellevue Earth Heroes
posted on April 5, 2011 at 03:05:08 am
Students and faculty from Bellevue's Jewish Day School will be ...
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. 1-8 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-K | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K-3 | 1 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 1.1 mi. away