Grades: K - 12 | 144 students
Heritage Christian School is one of Georgia's oldest and most respected Christian schools.
Founded in 1965, Heritage has maintained a balance between a high view of God, godly character, and academic excellence.
Whether you choose Heritage Christian because of our tradition,experience, character, or excellence, you can be confident that you made the right choice for your family.
We invite you to come and be a part of our great tradition as we build a heritage, one student at a time.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||13%
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Average SAT score||1650|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,225|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pam McCurry|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band 1, Band 2, Elementary Music Introduction, Jazz Band, Pep Band, Upper School Art 1, Upper School Art 2 Elementary Art Band 1, Band 2, Elementary Music Introduction, Jazz Band, Pep Band,
Upper School Art 1, Upper School Art 2 Elementary Art,
- Heritage Christian School has been challenging and training children and young people to be all God wants them to be for more than 40 years. A biblical worldview is at the foundation of everything we do academically, athletically, and socially. Our mission is to glorify God through the discipleship of students and the pursuit of excellence in education with the Bible as the foundation and Christ as our focus. Families and students are challenged to grow spiritually through their involvement in a sound Bible-believing church, daily Bible instruction, weekly school chapel services, and active participation in reaching out to others through various outreach opportunities. Our school is dedicated to seeing students 'becoming' and 'being' disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Non-denominational Christian School- Grades K-12
- Accredited by the GAC ( Georgia Accrediting Commission) - Member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International)
- College Prep Curriculum
- Saxon math, A Beka Book, Bob Jones Press texts
- Full Sports Program- Member of I.C.S.G.A. conference
- Located on 40 acres in Sharpsburg, Georgia- Coweta County, across the street from Thomas Crossroads Elementary
- Extracurricular- Yearbook, drama, elementary band, high school band, string program, private music lessons, computer, elementary art, high school art, pottery, honor clubs, academic competitions
- Sports- Elementary intramural sports; High School sports include baseball, softball, golf, tackle football, basketball, volleyball, and cheerleading
Profile last updated: 01/23/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SharpsburgGrades: PK-8 | 53 students
4957 Highway 34 E
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
SharpsburgGrades: PK-12 | 1227 students
8817 Hwy 54 West
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
NewnanGrades: 1-12 | 41 students
1485 Highway 34 E Ste B2
Newnan, GA 30265
Peachtree CityGrades: PK-8 | 175 students
700 Ardenlee Pkwy
Peachtree City, GA 30269
TyroneGrades: KG-11 | 28 students
734 Senoia Rd
Tyrone, GA 30290
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.