Presentation High School
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||41% (CA School Avg.: 44%)|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||85%|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 28|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,045|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Admissions Director||Dina Collins|
|Admissions Associate||Joanne Fallico|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||26 extracurriculars|
|Amnesty International||Big/Little Sister Program|
|Community Involvement||Creative Writing Club|
|Culinary Club||Film and Media Club|
|Improv Team||International Cultures Club|
|International Thespian Society||Movie Appreciation Society|
|Mu Alpha Theta||National Art Honor Society|
|Panther Pride||Peer Ministry Program|
|Peer Tutoring Society||Performing Arts|
|Presentation Ambassadors Club||Robotics Team|
|Science Club||Speech and Debate|
|Student Council||Student Environmental Action Society|
|Students Against Destructive Decisions||Students for Political Action|
|The Voice student newspaper||Yearbook|
- Faith and spiritual development are important parts of the well-rounded education provided at Presentation High School. In addition to academics and activities, students have opportunities for prayer, reflection, community worship and service. The school motto "Not words but deeds" reminds us to transform words into actions with service to our school, community and world.
- Our single-sex environment instills in young women courage, confidence and a sense of empowerment. Just think - the best calculus student at Presentation is a young woman. The top debater and fastest runner are young women. The robotics team, film and media club, Math and Science Academy, all are driven by talented young women who see no limits when it comes to education and personal accomplishment.
- Like larger schools, Presentation offers a wide range of curricular choices, a competitive athletic program, an exciting array of extracurricular activities and a picturesque campus with state-of-the-art facilities. Yet Presentation has retained a small-school feel where teachers, counselors and administrators know students by name. Our gym can accommodate all four class levels at once, fostering a sense of community and school pride at assemblies and liturgies.
- Presentation prepares students for college by using a block schedule that allows for more productivity in the classroom. Classes are 85 minutes long and include lectures, large- and small-group activities, technology, board work and visual aids. Each year 100 percent of our graduates go on to college, where our students report feeling very prepared for the rigors of higher education, particularly in the areas of writing and study skills.
Related School News:
- Mark and Cindy Reuter continue giving the gift of bikes - News in photos
posted on December 4, 2012 at 08:14:24 pm
Mark and Cindy Reuter continue giving the gift of bikesNews in photosStudents from Presentation High School help John Tawney (right) and Cindy Reuter (third from right) unload bikes from a flatbed trailer ...
- Cassidy: Presentation High senior recruits female NASA scientists to promote STEM education
posted on October 16, 2012 at 04:30:00 pm
Deepika Bodapati, of San Jose's Presentation High School, is determined to spread her enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and math education to girls and low-income kids ...
- San Jose student shares insights into love of science
posted on October 11, 2012 at 07:56:00 pm
Presentation High School student Deepika Botapati has always been a big fan of science. The senior at the San Jose ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.2 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-6 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.2 mi. away