|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Coalition of Boys' Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ESL, Resource Specialist|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||58%
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||64%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,810|
|Tuition Notes||5-day and 7-day boarding options available for both U.S. and International students.|
|% on Financial Aid||35%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Graciela Salvador|
|Admissions Associate||Jesenia Botello|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Drill Team, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Color Guard, Drill Team, Marching Band, Prayer Group Color Guard, Drill Team, Marching Band, Prayer Group,|
- Founded and operated by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose, St. Catherine's Academy is an independent Catholic boys' academy with a military tradition. We are committed to guiding each boy to his fullest potential.
- As the only all boys' elementary school in southern California, we are dedicated to providing the best learning environment for boys by offering small class sizes, more teacher attention, structure and consistency. Our teachers are able to focus on the specific learning styles of boys and young men.
- St. Catherine's offers enrichment classes in music, physical education, Spanish, computer skills, laboratory science, teamwork and leadership, marching band, piano, and guitar.
- The St. Catherine's faculty consists of Dominican Sisters and lay colleagues. Our faculty members have an average of 23 years experience, and 64% hold advanced degrees. St. Catherine's teachers are known for their open communication with parents and dedication to overall student success.
- St. Catherine's offers opportunities for students' faith to find expression in their daily lives and choices by:providing liturgical experiences which encourage active participation as lectors, choir members, and altar servers; providing religion classes which present doctrine and scripture in a relevant and interesting manner; engaging cadets in various prayer experiences in class, in the dormitory, and at morning assembly; and helping cadets to reflect on the values and moral principles which guide their choices and actions.
- Our military program strives to instill in our boys leadership, confidence, honor, courage, commitment, responsibility, compassion, and respect. An SCA cadet places a high value on personal integrity and adherence to the honor code. The structure and consistency of this program enables our boys to develop leadership skills, self-motivation, and confidence.
- Our boarding option (grades 4 – 8 only) gives added structure to a student's day. Resident students participate in a full day of classes, activities, meals, and study hall before returning to one of our four dormitories, which are staffed by our Dominican Sisters.
- Approximately 20% of students are international, introducing our cadets to a variety of cultures.
- With a fun and secure 8-acre campus, SCA is located in southern California, just minutes away from Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, and the beach. Our spacious campus includes a football field, an obstacle course, an indoor heated pool, and a gymnasium.
- Our academic facilities are second-to-none. Each classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard. Facilities also include a computer lab, science lab, piano room with ten practice pianos, band room, guitar room, and newly renovated library.
- Our program is so unique you have to see if for yourself. Schedule your tour today!
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Anaheim Fairmont Private Schools (Historic Anaheim Preschool)
121 S Citron Street
Anaheim , CA , 92805
(714)533-3930Early Childhood / Day Cares (Nonsectarians)0.2 mi | 200 students | Gr. PK-K
AnaheimFaith Christian Academy Of The Cma
Anaheim , CA , 92815
(714)774-7283(Christian)0.3 mi | 24 students | Gr. 2-12
AnaheimSaints Of Glory School
Anaheim , CA , 92801
(714)875-9387(Christian)0.7 mi | 27 students | Gr. K-12
AnaheimOpen Door Christian Academy
1011 N Harbor Blvd
Anaheim , CA , 92801
(714)776-7833(Christian)0.9 mi | 23 students | Gr. K-12
AnaheimFairmont Private Schools (Historic Anaheim Campus)
1557 West Mable Street
Anaheim , CA , 92802
(714)563-4050(Nonsectarians)0.9 mi | 511 students | Gr. K-8
- April 05, 2013 - Best school for boys. Outstanding education by the top teachers. Excellent discipline by ex military men via self control and physical exercise. Healthy, positive atmosphere empowering young men. Kind and nurturing guidance by the nuns and office staff. Wholesome, healthy meals from scratch 3 meals a day by kitchen crew. We drive because our boys deserve an amazing environment. - Posted by Parent