|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||14%
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Average SAT score||1783|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten $6,310 part time to $16, 900 full time Grades K-5 $19,900-$24,900 Grade 6-8 $31,100 Grade 9-12 $35,900|
|% on Financial Aid||50%|
|Admissions Director||Ruth P. Teague|
|Admissions Associate||Pam Kahuda|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Crew, Cross Country,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
1) Since 1865, we have possessed an unwavering commitment to academic excellence.We seize opportunities; adding to our curriculum as the world – and technology - shifts around us. We enjoy the freedom to allow kids to develop metacognition and innovate daily.
2) Chase emphasizes a culture of learning. Community is integral to the Chase experience. Through understanding an ethical view of life and a clear set of community standards, our kids know and practice compassion.Students build confidence when teachers promote discussion and provide ample opportunity for all voices to be heard. Students are encouraged and supported to take risks. Through success and failure, they gain the courage to push past what’s comfortable and grow.
3) Partnership differentiates Chase from other schools. Students and teachers build relationships around mutual respect. Small classes enable teachers to really know their students; students know teachers care and have the time and resources to help them succeed.
4) Public speaking is central to a Chase education. Public speaking is integrated into every grade. Signature programs include 5th grade Capstone Speeches, 7th & 8th grade Declamations, Freshman Forum, Sophomore Symposium and Senior Speeches.
5) Chase Collegiate School values and nurtures purposeful balance. In this day-school setting, students take part in home- and school-life. Students strive to stretch academically, artistically and athletically. Students have freedom to explore new ideas and structure to delve deeper into areas of interest.
6) Chase is proud of its history and traditions. While integrating best practices and technological advances, Chase honors the basis of its founding: rigorous academics, public speaking, no-cuts athletics, family-style meals, theater, choir and community service. When choosing Chase, families understand Chase is so much more than academic excellence; they are confident that their child will also fit in and be respected.
Profile last updated: 07/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WaterburyGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
386 Robinwood Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
WaterburyGrades: K-8 | 24 students
Po Box 1873
Waterbury, CT 06722
WaterburyGrades: K-4 | 3 students
Po Box 4790
Waterbury, CT 06704
WaterburyGrades: PK-5 | 131 students
Po Box 1746
Waterbury, CT 06721
WaterburyGrades: NS-PK | 140 students
72 Lakeside Blvd West
Waterbury, CT 06708