Grades: PK-12 | 456 students
High school students and teachers practice the Charleston for the upcoming Gatsby-themed homecoming dance.
The Seven Rivers Drama department has performed many shows including A Midsummer Night's Dream, A Christmas Carol, Beauty and the Beast, and Annie.
Our grammar students find safe, nurturing, active classroom environments where teachers present a rich curriculum taught from a biblical world view.
Founded in 1987, Seven Rivers Christian School is a private Christian school serving 450 students in grades Pre K-12. Seven Rivers Christian School exists in partnership with families to shape the hearts and minds of children with a distinctly biblical program of academic rigor, artistic beauty, and athletic competition. The vision of SRCS is to produce graduates who are passionate about God and His church and who are equipped to thrive in higher education, create healthy families, and bring the joy and peace of the gospel to a broken world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools of Florida
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||resource department|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP AM History, AP Art/Drawing, AP Calculus, AP English Language Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP Recent European History, AP US Government, Dual Enrollment AML 2020, Dual Enrollment Comparative Religions REL 2300, Dual Enrollment ENC 1101, Dual Enrollment ENC 1102, Dual Enrollment MAC 1105, Honors Algebra II, Honors Economics, Honors English II, Honors English III, Honors Gemoetry I, Honors World History,|
|Average SAT score||1647|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Grades K-2 $6920.00 Grades 3-5 $7535.00 Grades 6-8 $8680.00 Grades 9-12 $9105.00|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Donna Nelson|
|Admissions Associate||Margaret Whitchurch|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chapel Praise Team, Drama Club, Interact Club, Intramural Bible Quiz, Intramural Flag Football, Intramural Kick Ball, Intramural Volleyball, Intraumral Soccer, National Honor Society, Peer Tutoring, Student Government, Student Spirit Club Art, Drama Club, Interact Club, Peer Tutoring, Chapel Praise Team,
Intramural Bible Quiz,
Intramural Flag Football,
Intramural Kick Ball,
National Honor Society,
Student Spirit Club,
- We believe that parents hold primary responsibility for the education of their children and that the role of the school is to assist them. SRCS desires to work closely with families and to be active partners with parents throughout the process of teaching students biblical truth. The essential foundation of Christian education is that true knowledge comes from our Creator. Knowledge begins with an understanding of who God is and who we are in relation to Him.
- A Christ-centered education introduces the learner to every academic subject with the understanding that there is a God and that He is integrally involved with His creation. There is no such thing as religious neutrality in education. The very nature of education dictates that schools will inherently communicate some particular belief system. Seven Rivers Christian School communicates that God is the source of all truth. Unlike schools that exclude God from the equation and communicate that He is at best irrelevant to truth--or possibly that He does not exist at all and man determines his own truth--we believe that truth is absolute, is unchanging, is independent of the norm, and is knowable. Therefore, education at Seven Rivers is defined by a pursuit of that truth through knowing God Himself and understanding the world He created.
- Education establishes a student’s worldview--the filter through which he or she views, processes, and understands the world. One effect of receiving an education in an environment that separates faith from learning is that we become conditioned to think categorically about the world, thinking in terms of the “spiritual” and the “secular” and thus compartmentalizing God. This type of thinking can be so subtle that we are often not even aware of how pervasive it is. We find it difficult to think “Christianly” about all areas of life because we’ve been left with a faulty and incomplete worldview. At Seven Rivers, however, faith and learning are not separated.
- Biblical truth is not reserved for Bible class, but is integrated into every subject, helping students develop a thorough and complete biblical worldview. Learning is imperfect and insufficient without an understanding of who God is--that He is the source of all truth, that He is intimately connected with all creation, and that He has a plan of redemption for His creation. The chief end of man is to glorify God. And by imparting a knowledge of this world and a knowledge of the God who created it, we strive to produce students who, in the depths of their spirits and in every situation, will glorify God.
Profile last updated: 12/18/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LecantoGrades: PK-8 | 207 students
4341 W Homosassa Trl
Lecanto, FL 34461
Crystal RiverGrades: K-12 | 34 students
718 Nw 1st Ave
Crystal River, FL 34428
Beverly HillsGrades: PK-8 | 87 students
6150 N Lecanto Hwy
Beverly Hills, FL 34465
InvernessGrades: PK-8 | 87 students
972 N Christy Way
Inverness, FL 34453
InvernessGrades: PK-12 | 142 students
4222 S Florida Ave
Inverness, FL 34450
Rental Market Monitor
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.