Upcoming Events and News:
- Open House - Tue., November 03, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Thu., December 03, 2015 - get more information!
- JACKSON WILLIS: A FIFTH-GENERATION ST. PETE LEADER - 07/21/2015 - Shorecrest Class of 2015 Valedictorian and Outstanding Senior Jackson Willis featured in local media for being named a U.S. Presidential Scholar.
- SHORECREST GRAD WINS PRESTIGIOUS HERTZ FELLOWSHIP - 06/18/2015 - Shorecrest Class of 2009 alumnus Max Rabinovich was chosen for a $250,000 fellowship by the Hertz Foundation.
- CHARGER SAILING WINS TEAM RACE NATIONALS - 05/28/2015 - The Shorecrest sailing team won the Baker National Championship.
- 2015 MAYFLOWER OUTSTANDING TEACHING AWARD - 05/07/2015 - Shorecrest Middle School history teacher David Hodgson won the inaugural Mayflower Outstanding Teaching Award.
- SHORECREST PREP STUDENTS PROVE THEIR METTLE DURING SERVICE WEEK - 03/12/2015 - A dozen Shorecrest students tackled the unenviable task of post-winter yard clean-up at ServiceSource Florida with aplomb.
- SHORECREST STUDENTS DONATING GIFTS FOR CHILDREN IN NEED - 12/17/2014 - Bay News 9 featured Shorecrest's Holiday Gift Drive benefitting the Guardian ad Litem Foundation.
- SHORECREST PREP STUDENTS LEARNING TO CODE COMPUTERS - 12/10/2014 - Shorecrest students participate in the National Hour of Code.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||964 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20%
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||60%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1858|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to grade level. Payment plans include annual, semi-annual, monthly. Need-based financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Jean Spencer Carnes|
|Admissions Associate||Sandy Waldron|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||61 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acting Club, Archery Club, Astronomy Club, Band, Board Games, Building Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Chorus, Clio Club, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Cum Laude Society, Dance and Drama Club, Eco Club, Equestrian Club, Eric Carle Stories and Inspired Art Club, Etiquette Club, Finger Sculpting Club, French Club, French Honor Society, Geocaching Club, Geography Club, Go Global Club, Habitat for Humanity Club, Interact Service Club, Intramural Sports, Jazz Band, Junior Exchange/Excel, Key Club, Latin Club, Latin Honor Society, Lego Robotics Club, Leo Club, Literature Club, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Multicultural Club, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Nature Detectives Club, Peer Counselors, Photography Club, Quill & Scroll, Recording Arts Club, Rho Kappa Society, Running Club, S.A.D.D., Sailing Club, Science Club, Scouts, Shorecrest Martial Arts Club, Song Writing Club, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, Thespians, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Universal Language Club, Vegetarian Club, Youth & Government Acting Club, Archery Club, Astronomy Club, Band, Board Games, Building Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Chorus, Clio Club, Cooking Club, Eco Club, Etiquette Club, French Club, Geography Club, Go Global Club, Jazz Band, Key Club, Latin Club, Leo Club, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Quill & Scroll, Running Club, S.A.D.D., Sailing Club, Science Club, Scouts, Spanish Club, Thespians, Creative Writing Club,
Cum Laude Society,
Dance and Drama Club,
Eric Carle Stories and Inspired Art Club,
Finger Sculpting Club,
French Honor Society,
Habitat for Humanity Club,
Interact Service Club,
Latin Honor Society,
Lego Robotics Club,
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Nature Detectives Club,
Recording Arts Club,
Rho Kappa Society,
Shorecrest Martial Arts Club,
Song Writing Club,
Spanish Honor Society,
Tri-M Music Honor Society,
Universal Language Club,
Youth & Government,
- A community of highly engaged parents, the area’s best professional teachers and bright, motivated students.
- The highest level of school safety, security and protection through the area-exclusive partnership with Critical Intervention Services and its School Protection Officer Program.
- The Experiential School, the Tampa Bay Area’s top preschool, providing 3, 4, and 5-year-old students with the best preparation for kindergarten.
- Lower School (K-4) and Middle School (Grades 5-8) curricula that are the ideal blend of progressive and fundamental educational programs.
- The best college and individual counseling in the region; with the best college preparation and placement in Pinellas County.
- Overall, the most successful athletic program in Pinellas County.
- Overall, the most awarded arts program in the region.
- A school-wide commitment to Service Learning and worldwide partnerships that help foster a global perspective.
In a safe, student-centered environment, Shorecrest students learn to make wise choices from their many opportunities. The School supports its students through the challenges of the school year with one-on-one attention from dedicated faculty, with robust services like The Learning Center and the College Center, and with the most advanced educational technology. Through the academic demands of the curriculum, to the physical demands of the athletic programs, from the theatre stage to charitable organizations throughout the community, Shorecrest students find balance in an increasingly complex world.
Profile last updated: 07/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint Petersburg6030 1st Street N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
(727)522-7879Daycare / Preschool (Non-sectarian)0.6 mi | Gr. PK-3 | 91 students
Saint Petersburg175 62nd Avenue N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
(727)525-8866Daycare / Preschool (Methodist)0.7 mi | Gr. PK-K | 108 students
Saint Petersburg990 62nd Avenue NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
(727)525-1419(Episcopal)1 mi | Gr. PK-12 | 479 students
St Petersburg990 62nd Ave Ne
St Petersburg, FL 33702
(727)521-5902(Episcopal)1 mi | Gr. PK-12 | 381 students
Saint Petersburg4301 16th Street North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
(727)527-6213(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)1.4 mi | Gr. NS-8 | 220 students