|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Georgia Accrediting Commission
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||884 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||4% (GA School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||40%|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Calculus (AB), Calculus (BC), Chemistry, English - Language, English - Literature, European History, Music Theory, Statistics, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History,|
|Average SAT score||1730|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,990|
|Tuition Notes||K4 - $3,500 (includes snacks) K5 - 4th Grades - $8,500 5th - 6th Grades - $8, 700 7th - 8th Grades - $ 8,850 9th - 10th Grades - $8,950 11th Grade - $9,100 12th Grade - $9,400|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Chris Stancil|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Pam Lampe|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team,
Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4-H Club, Anchor Club, Beta Club, Debate Team, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Gavel Club, Interact Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Literary Team, Majorettes, National Honor Society, Science Bowl Team, Student Council, Y Club, Youth Football and Cheerleading 4-H Club, Anchor Club, Beta Club, Debate Team, Gavel Club, Interact Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Literary Team, Majorettes, Y Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
National Honor Society,
Science Bowl Team,
Youth Football and Cheerleading,
The mission of George Walton Academy, a college preparatory school,
is to prepare students to become contributing citizens in a global
society by promoting intellectual, physical, artistic and ethical
- We belive in Judeo-Christian values while respecting the heritage and beliefs of others.
- We believe all students have the right to receive an education in a safe, supportive and nurturing environment.
- We believe that each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual abilities.
- We believe in fostering students' critical thinking skills, academic talents and creativity.
- We believe that promoting positive relationships and mutual respect is a responsibility of all students, staff and parents.
- We believe that students should learn the valiue of taking persnal responsibility for their work, actions and educational development.
- We believe students should demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills.
- We believe that instruction should reflect innovative teaching methods and technology.
- We believe learning is a lifelong process.
Profile last updated: 10/07/2013
Monroe Walton County Christian Learning Center
(Christian)4.3 mi | 315 students | Gr. 9-12
Loganville Faith Academy
Alternative School (Baptist)7.7 mi | 469 students | Gr. 9-12
Loganville Corinth Christian Preschool & Primary
(Disciples of Christ)8 mi | students | Gr. K-3 1 Review
Norcross Greater Atlanta Christian School
(Church of Christ)8.2 mi | 1839 students | Gr. PK-12
Loganville Victory Christian Academy
Special Program Emphasis (Baptist)8.7 mi | 106 students | Gr. PK-3