Grades: PK-8 | 246 students
- Science & Arts Academy is an independent, non-denominational, co-educational, not-for-profit day school for gifted students in preschool through eighth grade.
- Science & Arts Academy educates gifted children in an academically differentiated and enriched environment while recognizing the unique development of each child.
- Our supportive community encourages students to embrace their potential and cultivates their academic abilities, creative talents, and emotional growth.
- SAA is highly regarded for its challenging and inspiring curriculum, small classroom setting and expertise and knowledge in supporting gifted children. Differentiation, acceleration, enrichment, problem solving and creative thinking are all concepts common to the everyday intellectual and artistic experience for the SAA student.
- To learn more about SAA or schedule a visit, please visit www.scienceandartsacademy.org or call 847-827-7880.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted and Talented Learners|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,950|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid opportunities available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mindy Keller|
|Admissions Associate||Diane Angelucci|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Certamen Team, Chess, Coding Club, Community Problem Solvers, Drama / Plays / Musicals, Drawing the Line, Foreign Language, GEMS (Girls Excelling at Math and Science), Girl Scouts of America, Intramural Sports Program, Math Club, Music Lessons, National Junior Honor Society, Science Olympiad Team, Student Council Certamen Team, Chess, Coding Club, Math Club, Music Lessons, Community Problem Solvers,
Drama / Plays / Musicals,
Drawing the Line,
GEMS (Girls Excelling at Math and Science),
Girl Scouts of America,
Intramural Sports Program,
National Junior Honor Society,
Science Olympiad Team,
- We believe that every gifted child has the right to an education that is appropriate to his or her potential. Consistent with this belief, SAA commits to creating a stimulating learning experience by providing educational offerings suited to our students' varied levels of development.
- We believe that SAA`s purpose is to promote, facilitate, and ignite student learning. Further, thebest educational experience for a gifted child is guided by experts in gifted education and incorporates three components:
- Robust academics which appropriately challenge each student
- Extensive opportunities for artistic expression which foster creativity and build greater self-confidence
- Social and emotional development which allows students to gain skills for life-long success
- Finally, we believe that SAA succeeds in uniquely serving gifted children with the support and cooperation of its entire community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Des PlainesGrades: 6-12 | 218 students
1015 Rose Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 60016
ChicagoGrades: NS-12 | 1771 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
ElmhurstGrades: NS-K | 96 students
212 West Lake Street
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Oak ParkGrades: PK-8 | 508 students
1034 Linden Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
NilesGrades: PK-12 | 166 students
7280 N Caldwell Ave
Niles, IL 60714
The Science and Arts Academy (SAA) has it all. The academic programs are excellent. Most of the students perform at least a year above grade level and for those that are 2-3 years advanced, the school places them appropriately. It is differentiated and challenging. It also offers top notch drama, art, and music programs. SAA is a place where children go to thrive and excel. All you have to do is walk down the halls to see it and feel it. For those with gifted children, it is a truly great school.
- Posted by Parent - maryc
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.