Grades: K-12 | 7 students
- Score At The Top is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI) as a Special Purpose K-12 School, which means we offer a full-time or part-time, accredited private school opportunity to students who choose to learn in a 1-on-1 setting. Score At The Top is also a pending member of the College Board. Some students attend our private school because they want the best education provided exclusively in a 1-on-1 mentoring experience between teacher and student.
- Others come to us when they hit a "bump in the road"" or because their learning disability or ADD/ADHD (attention deficit disorder) has negatively impacted their schoolwork, and the traditional school setting is no longer working.
- We help them to refocus and stabilize their education, so they can eventually choose whether to re-enter a traditional classroom or continue with our unique school.
- Still others come to us to advance their education because they learn more quickly and easily than others their age.
- Bored in a regular classroom, they need an accelerated and challenging curriculum in order to stay on track and make progress.
- Whatever the reason, 1-on-1 schooling is fluid enough to meet the needs of any situation.
- To date, 100% of the students who have earned their high-school diplomas at Score At The Top have successfully continued their education in 4-year colleges.
- Score At The Top is also a full-service learning center that offers motivational tutoring in all academic subjects, SAT/ACT/FCAT prep with proven score gains, and individualized college counseling led by Judi Robinovitz, Certified Educational Planner. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Our Vision & MIssion To be the learning environment of choice. To provice expert support and guidance to students, inspiring their intellectual curiosity, and motivating them to academic success. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Support for students with mild to moderate learning disabilities and/or ADD/ADHD|
|Total Students||7 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||30 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB & BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese, AP Economics (Macro & Micro), AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government (American & Comparative), AP Human Geography, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is variable, based primarily on the number of courses a student is taking and a student's need for LD or ADHD support services.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Offi Perez|
|Admissions Associate||Erin Orgel|
- Away from crowded classrooms, learners thrive in our personalized surroundings. A student discovers, analyzes, questions, and learns - all at a pace suited to her or his needs - led by our professional teaching staff in a comfortable classroom of two: student and teacher. Our success in providing 1-on-1 accredited schooling to students is achieved through flexibility as well as breadth of services and courses. A 1-on-1 education at Score At The Top means that your child will learn in a traditional teacher-student classroom setting with ONE MAJOR EXCEPTION: he or she will be the only student in the classroom with the teacher! Your child will have teachers who specialize in each subject; together, they will follow a schedule of daily classes designed for your child.
- CURRICULUM - Score At The Top matches the curriculum to each student's specific learning style and personal goals. Because one curriculum does not fit all students, we will recommend the best one to fulfill your educational plan. We offer courses in all subject areas across all grade levels, from kindergarten through 12th grade, and at all educational levels, from remedial and regular to honors and Advanced Placement. Our AP curriculum and teaching staff have been certified by the College Board. In addition to Score At The Top's own curriculum, we have successfully used other accredited curricula, including student's previous or next school's curriculum: Florida public school Jupiter Christian School Florida Virtual School Brigham Young University Calvert School Kaplan University Keystone University of Missouri University of Nebraska
- PRIVATE SCHOOLING WITH SCORE AT THE TOP - HOW DOES IT ALL WORK? The Director will work with you to determine your child's educational needs and then design an academic program, select the best teachers, and establish a schedule to match those unique needs. A typical full-time student takes 4-5 core academic courses and up to 2 electives each semester. The student will attend 1-on-1 classes for approximately 20 hours/week, usually Monday through Friday. Some students, however, prefer to attend school four days/week, giving them more time to pursue other activities. We also create special programs for part-time students, such as a plan that combines independent study with scheduled class time (that works well for a motivated, high-achieving student) or one in which a student takes some classes at Score At The Top and other classes in a traditional school or on their own. Some students need a teacher for core curriculum classes but only need supervision for electives. One-on-one schooling can also incorporate Florida Virtual School for some or all of the classes, with a Score At The Top teacher to successfully mentor the student through the curriculum. In this case, fewer contact hours may be needed.
- WHAT'S A TYPICAL SCHOOL DAY LIKE? The school day can start as early or as late as necessary, based on the time of day when your child learns best, and taking outside activities into consideration. Some students have a short study hall following each class, while other students attend classes consecutively with short breaks between classes in order to be released earlier in the day. Some students have one study hall every day in order to reduce homework time at home. A popular option is early release on Fridays.
- WHEN CAN MY CHILD START SCHOOL AT SCORE AT THE TOP? We register students on a rolling basis throughout the year. In fact, it's not unusual to meet with a parent one day and start the student in classes a day or two later. We recognize the importance of continuity of education and set up a schedule to get the student started as soon as possible. You can follow any school's calendar or create your own calendar. This flexibility aids us in creating a successful education plan for your child. You, the parent, collaborate with us on a calendar that meets the needs of your child and family. A student can easily transition into a private or public school after studying at Score At The Top. We can even use the same curriculum as the school in which you plan to enroll your child so that the transition is seamless.
- WELLINGTON EQUESTRIAN FESTIVAL STUDENTS: Our Wellington center provides a complete 1-on-1 education for students from all over the country who spend the winter months showing at the Wellington Equestrian Festival. Because of our SACS accreditation, schools all over the country have worked with us to ensure the continuity of their students' education during WEF.
- WHO ARE OUR TEACHERS? We are degreed experts with extensive subject knowledge and significant teaching or tutoring experience. We possess a passion for teaching coupled with a thorough understanding of our subjects, expert study skills, and effective communication skills. Teaching 1-on-1 based upon a student's unique learning style requires real expertise and we at Score At The Top have it. Because our learning community relies as much on our outgoing personalities as it does on our academic expertise, you'll find that our enthusiasm for teaching and learning is contagious. We truly engage a student in the learning process. Some of us are firm - keeping strict standards to maximize a student's performance; others are tender and nurturing - coaxing a student through difficult, sometimes anxiety-inducing work. Your child's personality and learning style will be matched with the teacher who is right for him or her. This will create the best environment for your child to excel.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WellingtonGrades: K-12 | 440 students
3111 Fortune Way Ste B16
Wellington, FL 33414
12794 Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
WellingtonGrades: NS-PK | 100 students
1920 Royal Fern Drive
Wellington, FL 33414
WellingtonGrades: PK-2 | 84 students
465 Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
WellingtonGrades: PK-12 | 543 students
1000 Wellington Trace
Wellington, FL 33414
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.