- Our Mission is to inspire and develop courageous leaders who think independently, work collaboratively, learn joyfully, and champion change.
- Our Passion is empowering each girl to live her potential.
- Our Beliefs: Empowering a girl changes the world.
- It is fundamental to understand and address issues of difference and oppression.
- An integrated, collaborative curriculum challenges and engages students.
- Middle school should be joyful, curiosity-filled, and safe and open to all voices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes all fees including numerous "being there" experiences throughout the year and several overnight trips. Athletics and 8th grade Spanish Immersion Trip billed separately.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,935|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Tremaine Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
Climbing, Cross Country,
Rock Climbing, Snowboarding,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Affinity & Alliance Groups, Math Club, Rock Band, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Interest Groups, Yearbook Math Club, Rock Band, Yearbook, Affinity & Alliance Groups,
Student Interest Groups,
- Middle school is a critical time for development especially for girls. As girls reach early adolescence, their self-esteem and interest in certain subjects is likely to plummet as a result of being bombarded by conflicting messages about femininity and achievement. Seattle Girls` School combats the trend of girls losing confidence before competence, especially in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math, with a transformative experience for girls in grades 5-8. At SGS, girls are challenged to discover who they are and who they want to become. Our project-based curriculum, grounded in real-world experiences, offers endless opportunities for leadership, collaboration, and problem solving. We invite you to witness what countless visitors to our campus experience: poised, confident, and actively engaged students. Our alumnae, when reflecting on their educational experience as a whole, often attribute who they become and what they achieve to the transformative experiences they had at SGS their middle school!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SeattleGrades: 6-8 | 108 students
810 18th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
RentonGrades: K-8 | 487 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
SeattleGrades: NS-1 | 120 students
4730 32nd Ave South
Seattle, WA 98118
AuburnGrades: K-7 | 219 students
20 49th St Ne
Auburn, WA 98002
SeattleGrades: PK-10 | 287 students
10056 Renton Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98178
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.